Cable Filling Demand for Hispanic Content
- AVAIL-TVN IN VOD DEAL WITH HISPANIC CHANNEL. Harrison, Jordan // Home Media Magazine;9/28/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p13
The article reports on the industrywide, video-on-demand services agreement between Avail-TVN and VeneMovies, a Spanish language channel. The long-term agreement was entered into by the companies during the Hispanic Heritage Month which started on September 15, 2009 and will end on October 15, 2009.
- Hispanic advocacy group meets in P.R. Rodriguez, Meriemil // Caribbean Business;6/29/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p51
Reports on the League of United Latin American Citizens' (Lulac) annual convention slated for June 30, 1995 at the Caribe Hilton in Puerto Rico. Focus on issues regarding the US Republicans' Contract With America initiative.
- California LULAC State Convention Kicks Off with the Production 'Veteranos: A Legacy of Valor' as a Tribute to Latino Veterans. // La Prensa San Diego;5/16/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p5
The article offers information on the annual League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) State Convention held at Westin Hotel in Long Beach, California on May 16-18, 2014 which includes a tribute to Latino military veterans with a presentation of the play "Veteranos: A Legacy of Valor."
- Lulac convention to be the largest at Convention Center. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;8/21/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p6
The article offers information on the 80th Annual Convention of the League of United Latin American Citizens (Lulac) to be held on July 14-18, 2009 in Puerto Rico.
- USE YOUR POSTER. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);9/25/2000, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p3
Deals with the objective of the Hispanic Heritage Month poster in showing various Latino cultures and histories.
- Viva la raza! Carbo, Rosie // Hispanic;Sep1992, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p10
Presents an overview of Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15-October 15). Comment from Enrique Munoz, Hispanic liaison for special events in the Mayor of Chicago's office and coordinator of the Viva Chicago celebrations; Comparisons with Black History Month; Lack of media attention; The...
- Proclamation 6823--National Hispanic Heritage Month, 1995. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/18/95, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p1562
Highlights the President of the United States' proclamation of September 15, to October 15, 1995 as the National Hispanic HerItage Month. Tribute on the achievements of Hispanic citizens; Significance of Latin American and Spanish traditions on the national culture; Observance of the occasion.
- MomsRising Hosts Blog Carnival to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month Â¡Con Mucho Gusto! // La Prensa San Diego;10/7/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p5
The article offers information on the Hispanic blog carnival organized by the MomsRising, an online organization for families in the U.S., which is a celebration in line with the Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Hispanic Heritage Month Kicks Off at Black Cultural Center. Brasher, Joan // Tennessee Tribune;9/22/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p1A
The article offers information on the celebration of the Hispanic Heritage Month at the Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center (BJJBCC) in Tennessee on September 15, 2011.