It Slices, It Dices, It Juliennes Fries
- ADC to trial MMDS service with Telinor TV. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p48
Reports that Mexico-based wireless pay-television firm Telinor Television S.A. de C.V.'s network will be integrated to ADC Telecommunications Inc.'s broadband wireless access system as part of Telinor's field trials for its business data transmission services technology.
- Pay TV operators won't pay the price. Shu-Ching Jean Chen // Telecom Asia;May2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on a decision by several pay-television providers to withdraw from the Hong Kong, China, market. Interconnection problems and high upfront costs involved in delivering content over a broadband network; Plan by the remaining companies to bundle their services; Problems encountered by Yes...
- Taking Broadband to the Next Level. Bratches, Sean // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p59
Comments on the payment of broadband Internet access by cable modem subscribers in the U.S. Acceleration of speeds for narrowband activities; Key factor for the success of broadband Internet industry; Market potential of fiber-rich digital platforms.
- Roy Morgan Internet Monitor. // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/08/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6273, p62
Presents statistics on the impact of subscription television on cable broadband access in Australia as of May 8, 2001. Leading pay TV providers; Households with cable modem broadband Internet access.
- NTL tops broadband. // Daily Variety;11/20/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 57, p6
Reports the number of broadband subscribers of cable operator NTL in Great Britain.
- McAdams On: TV as We Know It. MCADAMS, DEBORAH D. // TV Technology;4/2/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p6
The author discusses the trends in cable television (TV) and broadcasting, focusing on the decline in pay-TV and the rise of adoption of broadband services in the U.S., such as by telecommunication company Comcast Corp. with 20.7 million broadband subscribers.
- TV turns full circle as BBC-on-demand looks more likely. Nutley, Michael // New Media Age;7/21/2005, p16
This article focuses on the emergence of the technology that enables British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to offer subscription services in 2005. BBC director of new media and technology Ashley Highfield confirmed that plans to sell downloads of popular programs overseas were moving up the...
- Power plays. Taaffe, Joanne; Morris, Anne; Kemp, Ian // Total Telecom Magazine;Apr2009, p7
The article offers an analysis on moves to regulate exclusive pay-television (TV) content delivered over broadband networks. It argues that the moves underscore the role of Internet protocol television (IPTV) in securing broadband share in some European markets. It also emphasizes that IPTV...
- VOLUME CONTROL. // Multichannel News;3/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p16
Offers several views on issues related to cable services in the U.S. Observation of Joseph Lazlo of Jupiter Research on the broadband market in the U.S.; Explanation of Andrew Li on the benefits of replacing Verizon phone service with Cablevision's Optimum Voice; Result of too much cable channels.