NBC Expects 'Hundreds of Millions' in Retrans Fees
- NBC keeps balance after the Olympics. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;3/8/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 34, p21
The article offers information on the television programs of National Broadcasting Company Inc. (NBC) which stated to balance its viewership rating after the Winter Olympics as well.
- Peacock in position for bronze. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;2/24/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 26, p5
The article discusses television viewership ratings of television channels such as Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) television network, National Broadcasting Company Inc. (NBC), and American Broadcasting Co. (ABC).
- BRIEFLY NOTED. // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p4
Presents news related to television industry as of December 2, 2002. Increase in network television advertising expenditure; Establishment of an investigative reporting unit by NBC News; Commitment of the Travel Channel to various episodes of a documentary series that will follow the...
- Don't Worry, Be Happy. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;12/22/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 50, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by David Bianculli on issues involving the television industry, one by Marisa Guthrie in an interview with National Broadcasting Co. Inc. chief Steve Capus, and the recognition of three general managers of the...
- The media outlook: time for boom or bust? // Televisual;Nov2010, p7
The article offers views from several notable people in the television broadcasting industry, on how confident the industry is in the wake of the government spending review and license fee deal in Great Britain.
- Baghdad Bombing of NBC Bureau Kills Guard. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 39, p9
Reports on the bombing of the NBC News Baghdad, Iraq bureau on September 25, 2003. Casualties of the bombing; Statement from NBC News.
- NBC wraps lucrative upfront. Consoli, John // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/6/2008, p4
The article reports on the total advertising revenue of NBC Television Network for the year 2008. Information is given that NBC had sold off its inventory at mid- to high-single-digit cost-per-thousand increases and taking in $1.9 billion in primetime advertisement dollars, up $100 million from...
- NBC bets on football, 'Voice' Kissell, Rick // Variety;9/10/2012, Vol. 428 Issue 5, p50
The author offers opinions on programming of prime time television programs by the NBC Television Network for the 2012-2013 television season, forecasting that the network will remain in fourth place in overall program ratings.
- Rerun Relief. Moltenbrey, Karen // Computer Graphics World;Oct2009, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p2
The author discusses some of her favorite prime time television programs in the U.S. with unique programming including "Merlin" that is being aired on NBC. She provides a brief background on "Merlin" including its production and visual effects (VFX). She also offers a look at "Warehouse 13,"...