- THROUGH THE WIRE. Ted Hearn; Haugsted, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p4
The article presents news briefs related to the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman Kevin Martin did a stand up comic act at a fundraiser hosted by the Federal Communications Bar Association. Time Warner Cable Inc. helped the forest fire...
- NET-BASHING 'BOONDOCKS' BANNED. Brodesser-Akner, Claude // Advertising Age;2/4/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that two episodes of the animated television series "The Boondocks" have been pulled by the Cartoon Network because of mocking of network executives at Black Entertainment Television (BET). The episodes depict BET chief executive officer (CEO) Debra Lee as a character named...
- Remaking BET With Originals. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 26, p26
The article offers information on the contributions of Debra Lee, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Black Entertainment Television LLC (BET). Lee has directed the original programming approach of BET that supports families and encourages and embraces their dreams. According to...
- CHRIS UNCROSSED. Peters, Jenny // Daily Variety;6/28/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 60, p20
The article offers information on the fifth annual pre-Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards celebration dinner at the Book Bindery in Culver City, California on June 25, 2011, which features BET Networks' Debra Lee, Ashanti, and Trey Songz.
- No More Hateration. Barnett, Amy DuBois // Ebony;Aug2012, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p16
A letter from the editor is presented which discusses entertainment company BET Networks Chief Executive Officer Debra Lee as a role model.
- Stay Strong Foundation celebrates 10 years and raises funds for campaign. // New York Amsterdam News;11/10/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 45, p9
The article offers information on the fundraising event hosted by Debra L. Lee, chief executive officer (CEO) of Black Entertainment Television LLC, for the Stay Strong Foundation campaign.
- URBAN LEGENDS. Retchtshaffen, Michael // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/26/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 10, p24
The article focuses on Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards of BET Networks which remains to attract viewers at a time when most televised award shows are struggling to retain audiences. Bet Networks chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Debra Lee states that the ratings for the BET...
- Spring Brings Sports-TV Deals. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Reports on several program distribution agreements between sports networks and cable distributors as of March 15, 2004. Black Entertainment Television with Time Warner Cable; National Basketball Association with Comcast; NFL Network with Insight.
- Debra Lee, president, Black Entertainment Television. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p48
Focuses on Debra Lee's position as president of Black Entertainment Television (BET). When Lee was promoted to position; Lee's role at BET; Comments from Lee; Plans by company for the year 2000; Lee's professional career; Lee's age; Business strategies Lee has developed at company.