- Dish Network's Ergen Rouses Speculation on Purchase of LightSquared Debt. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;5/15/2012, p2
The article focuses on the debt of 350 million dollars bought from network operator LightSquared Inc. after raising 1.9 billion dollars in cash through bond sales by Dish Network Corp. chairman Charlie Ergen. Harbinger Capital Hedge fund director Philip Falcone controls the LightSquared who had...
- DISH Network Petitions FCC to Deny Comcast Time Warner Merger. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Aug2014, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the petition filed by direct-broadcast satellite service provider DISH Network Corp. at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to deny the merger of telecommunication firms Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable, Inc. It states that the petition to deny outlines the...
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger delayed by FCC. Stubbs, Agnes // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
The proposed $45.2 billion merger of Comcast and Time Warner Cable is facing a new delay, as US regulator the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has once again paused its review of the deal, citing delays in receiving documents from Time Warner Cable (TWC).
- Black News Net Seeks FCC Route to Carriage. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;5/26/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 20, p24
The article reports that the Black Television News Channel (BTNC) is attempting a new approach to secure multi-channel video programming distributor carriage. Topics discussed include the decrease in African-American-owned broadcast media, the terms and conditions that BTNC would agree to accept...
- BREAKING... // Broadcasting & Cable;3/29/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 13, p2
Presents news and events in the broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of March 29, 2004. Death of ABC News cameraman Burhan Mohammed Mazhour; Partnership of Comcast with public relation firm Issue Dynamics; Effects of the directTV plans of the Federal Communications Commission on cable networks.
- FCC Adds On Conditions to Sale of Adelphia to MSOs. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;7/24/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p6
The article reports that Comcast and Time Warner are set to absorb some 5 million customers from Adelphia Communications and expand their presence in cities including Los Angeles, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Washington, D.C. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) required Comcast and Time...
- Dish Wants FCC OK For Importing Signals. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p14
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to expedite its certification for delivering distant signals to TV stations.
- FCC Certifies Dish for Distant Signals. // TV Technology;9/22/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p42
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has freed Dish Network Corp. from a distant-signal injunction after it was enjoined in a court fight with CBS in 2006.
- Proposed Rules : FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION. // Federal Register;9/27/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 188, p59633
A summary is presented of the bill related to the opening of the docket to seek comment on the petition for waiver and request for extension of time by DISH Network Corp., proposed by the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau under the U.S. Federal Communication Commission (FCC).