Cable Ops Diverge on Regional Sports
- Boston: It's Bombastic! City Continues to Rip Cable Kingpins at FCC. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p4
The article presents information on the regulation of basic rates of cable provider Comcast Corp. at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in Boston, Massachusetts.
- US court rules against FCC on 'net neutrality'. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/8/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the rule of the federal appeals court pertaining to the inability of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to prove the net neutrality obligation of Comcast Corp. in Washington, D.C.
- TALKBACK. Jason, T.; Grant, Johnathan // Multichannel News;4/13/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p28
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "Netflix Responds to FCC Peering Info Request" in the April 9, 2015 issue and "Comcast Pitches VOD as Merger Benefit" in the April 6, 2015 issue.
- Boston's Kinda Comcastic After All: Official Praised Cable Firm at FCC in '10. Eggerton, John; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) praised Comcast Corp. as one of the top work place for cable firm in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Comcast Returns Serve at Tennis. // Multichannel News;1/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p32
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reverse Administrative Law Judge Richard Sippel's decision on a program-carriage complaint by Tennis Channel and has challenged the Media Bureau for not dismissing the complaint.
- TALKBACK. Katz, Geoff // Multichannel News;2/8/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p30
Several letters to editor are presented in response to articles including "Comcast Lashes Out at FCC Set-Top Proposal" in the January 31, 2016 and February 1 issue respectively and "WGN Cancels Manhattan" in the February 3, 2016 issue.
- AT PRESS TIME. // Electronic Media;11/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p1
Presents developments related to the U.S. electronic media as of November 2002. Scrapping of Federal Communications Commission rules requiring television stations to provide description services for the visually impaired by a Washington appellate court; Expected closure of a deal to acquire...
- Comcast Hits Keep On Coming. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p4
The article reports on the proposal of a 30 billion dollar content joint venture by Comcast Corp. with NBC Universal Inc. but it is still waiting for the approval coming from Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Comments on NBC, Comcast Flood FCC. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;6/28/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p4
The article discusses how the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has received comments regarding efforts by the telecommunications firm Comcast to purchase a majority stake in the media company NBC Universal.