Guide to Hispanic Networks
- LEVELING FIELD IN RATINGS GAME. Tiegel, Eliot // Television Week;3/26/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p15
The article focuses on the inclusion of Spanish-language television networks Univision, Telemundo and Azteca America in the Nielsen Television Index (NTI) survey in the U.S. along with mainstream English-speaking networks. According to Bob Turner, president of network sales at Azteca America,...
- Univision's on the rise. Kissell, Rick // Variety;12/17/2007, Vol. 409 Issue 5, p26
The author reports on the Nielsen ratings for several different broadcasters. Broadcasters who are discussed include the Spanish language network Univision and CW. The ways in which these networks' ratings have increased increased between 2005 and 2007 are mentioned. Comparisons regarding...
- Univision: Unveils 20-Plus Shows, Some Homegrown. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;5/24/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 21, p16
The article focuses on the initiatives of Univision, the Spanish-language television networks in Mexico, unveiling 20-plus new television shows which include five telenovelas, two weekly series and two reality programs.
- Spanish TV Triumphs in U.S. // Language Magazine;Oct2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p15
The article announces that U.S. Spanish-language broadcaster, Univision, beats all other broadcast networks in the coveted 18-49 demographic for the first time.
- GalavisiÃ³n Mounts a Programming Counteroffensive. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p28
Reports the inauguration of Univision Communications Inc. of programming of Spanish-language show for its GalavisÃon cable network. Offer alternatives to Hispanic broadcast networks; Plan to expand cable penetration and distribution; Coverage of the 2002 FIFA World Cup soccer tournament.
- How Hot Is Univision? Fiedman, Wayne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the possible sale of Univision television network. Information on the network's TV-advertising sales at both the network and the station level; Growth of the network's earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization; TV revenues of Univision in 2005.
- LURING VIEWERS. Whitefield, Mimi // Hispanic;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the launching of Spanish-language broadcast network TeleFutura by Univisi Ã³ n Communications Inc. on January 14, 2002. Goal of the network; Information on the network's competitor, Telemundo; Key to the success of Telefutura.
- TeleFutura's Counter Play. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;1/14/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p6
Announces the launching of TeleFutura, the second broadcast cable network of Univision. Overview of the network's strategy; Movies that the network will be airing; Sports-themed programs of the network; Variety shows that the network will offer.
- The Dinero Dynamos. Grillo, Jean Bergantini // Multichannel News;3/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p20
Discusses the market opportunities offered by Latino networks for advertisers in the U.S., as of March 2005. Status of advertising revenues reported by several Hispanic networks, including Azteca America and CNN en EspaÃ±ol; Factors behind the growth of Hispanic networks and cable revenues;...