Cable Operators Press D.C Flesh for Reform
- Advice -- Helpful or Not -- Comes to FCC. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;7/27/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p14
The article reports on the comments filed by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) in July 2009 regarding the broadband plan of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The FCC will have to pass to the U.S. Congress a plan to get every home in the country a broadband...
- PCS auctions: Ready or not, here they come. DeMaeyer, Bruce // America's Network;11/01/94, Vol. 98 Issue 21, p34
Reviews the bidding procedure for the auction of broadband licenses for personal communication systems in the United States. Three separate auctions; Remote electronic bid submission; Payment rules.
- We support FCC's PCS decision on small-company blocks. Zecola, Steven // Communications News;Sep94, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p6
Agrees with the FCC decision to allocate two `entrepreneurial blocks' of broadband PCS spectrum for companies with less than $100 million in annual revenue to bid upon at auction.
- Vice president asks for fair and open access to networks on data superhighway. Mace, Scott; Orrange, Kate // InfoWorld;1/17/94, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the reaction of the corporate community on the proposal of Vice President Al Gore for a deregulated environment for broadband networks. Criticism against its application; Federal Communications Commission to provide details on deregulation of telephone, cable and communications...
- United Kingdom : More people set to benefit from broadband scheme. // TendersInfo News;8/1/2014, p1
The article offers information on changes made to the Welsh Government Access Broadband Cymru scheme that will come into effect on August 4, 2014 to help ensure that customers receive a fast broadband connection.
- FCC's spectrum search. Hart, Kim // Hill;10/22/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 123, p16
The article reports that U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) broadband adviser Blair Levin is consumed on the need of high wireless broadband spectrum for the proposed net neutrality rulemaking notice.
- Broadband Gets Push From Bush. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the endorsement of the Bush administration on the importance of broadband services. Government agencies that hosted trade shows on broadband applications; Issues in developing broadband applications.
- STANDOFF ON THE HILL. Weber, Toby // Telephony;5/13/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 19, p26
Presents an update on the U.S. broadband policy as of May 13, 2002. Senators who proposed broadband bills; Speculation on the interest of legislators in the national broadband policy.
- Teledesic files with FCC to prevent additional 18 GHz licensing. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;9/9/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p3
Reports that the US Federal Communications Commission abruptly stopped accepting applications in the 18GHz spectrum for local broadband wireless multimedia services in August 1996. Complaint by Teledesic Corp.; Impact of licensing of digital electronic messaging services on downlink communications.