Netflix: Self-Inflicted Wound?
- Dish Offers Subs Blockbuster 'Pass' // Multichannel News;9/26/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p40
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. offer its Blockbuster Movie Pass, a hybrid streaming and digital video disc (DVD)-by-mail service to new customers without extra charge from October 1, 2011 to January 31, 2012 and 10 dollars extra per month for one DVD after its promotional period.
- Redbox gets its close-up. PLETZ, JOHN // Crain's Chicago Business;10/31/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p0002
The article reports on the impact of Netflix Inc.'s 60-percent price hike on DVD rentals on the sales performance of Redbox Automated Retail LLC in Chicago, Illinois. The missteps of Netflix Inc. have made Redbox Automated Retail LLC to overtake the sales of DVD rentals, as wells as its video...
- Blockbuster tries new tack. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;11/2/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 24, p3
The article reports business plan announcement by Blockbuster to allow customers of its online service to return movies in stores. The plan intends at allowing customers to clear rental queue immediately when they return a disc to the store and eliminating the wait time before the next movie is...
- Netflix delivers $5.7 mil Q2 profit. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/26/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 9, p9
This article reports that shares of Netflix Inc. surged in after-hours trading on July 25, 2005 after the company that started the subscription DVD-by-mail business reported second-quarter profit and revenue that surpassed analysts' expectations. Netflix attributed the strong financials to lower...
- Record Companies: DVD Companies. // Music Week;2013 Directory, p56
A directory for DVD companies in Great Britain is presented.
- NPD: MOST DIGITAL SALES CATALOG, NOT NEW RELEASES. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK; TRIBBEY, CHRIS // Home Media Magazine;6/9/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p4
The article focuses on a research from market research firm The NPD Group which shows that the majority of electronic sellthrough in the U.S. in 2013 was for catalog titles and not new movie releases.
- WILL POSTAL PROBLEM, SUB LOSS HAVE NETFLIX CEDING DISC RENTALS TO KIOSKS AND STORES? GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;9/19/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p1
The article focuses on the financial woes of the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) and its implication for Netflix's, mail-order disc rental business. It notes that Netflix generates more than 500 million U.S. dollars in annual revenue for USPS. By 2015, USPS plans to eliminate its Saturday service and...
- DVD RENTALS. Stone, Brad // Newsweek;8/30/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p55
Compares the three major DVD mail-rental services: Blockbuster, Netflix and Wal-Mart. Monthly fees; Delivery speed.
- PIONEER DVR-112D. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;May2007, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p36
The article evaluates the DVR-112D digital video disc burner from Pioneer.