- Vendors see PDM melding with configuration management. // Machine Design;6/13/96, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p64
Focuses on computer software vendors' views on product data management software. Integration with configuration management software; Applications.
- Application development tools. Biggs, Maggie; Shankar, Gess; Heck, Mike // InfoWorld;01/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, pS16
Reviews application-development software from several companies. Includes Developer/2000 2.0; Hahtsite 2.0; JBuilder 1.0, Professional Edition; MKS Source Integrity Professional Edition, 1.2; PowerJ 2.0, Enterprise Edition; Power Objects 2.0; StarTeam Workstation and VirtualTeam Server 2.1;...
- New products: Development. // Software Magazine;Jul96, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p179
Offers information on application development software. Includes Forte Software Inc.'s Forte Web SDK software developer's kit; Nat Systems International Inc.'s NatStar enterprise client/server application development environment; Proforma Corp.'s ProVision Workbench business object modeling and...
- New products: Applications. // Software Magazine;Jul96, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p182
Offers information on applications software. Includes Uniplex Software Inc.'s Uniplex Business Software Version 8.10; TeamWare's TeamWare Office Version 3.5; Siren Software's Siren Mail 3.0 client/server electronic-mail solution.
- Developer finds threat to ActiveX code. Rodriguez, Karen // Inter@ctive Week;11/25/96, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p14
Reports on the potential security threats to ActiveX code as discovered by Phar Lap Software Inc. president Richard Smith. Writing of malicious actions into a standard ActiveX control using the lingua franca of the Net; Use of Visual-Basic Scripts to overwrite key system files; Liability of tool...
- Turbocharging software for remote workers. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p48
Reports on companies that have added or are planning to add speed-enhancing features to their remote access software which link remote workers to corporate networks. Shiva Corp.'s Powerburst; Stampede Technologies Inc.'s TurboGold; XcelleNet Inc.'s Remote Ware Essentials for Lotus Notes.
- Windows 95 applications start to trickle in. Greenberg, Ilan // InfoWorld;6/12/95, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the competition of applications after the release of Windows 95. Novell Incorporated Windows 95 upgrade to PerfectOffice 3.0; Reason for move.
- Conflicting apps? Take two DLLs and then give me a call. Livingston, Brian // InfoWorld;10/14/96, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p32
Focuses on problems associated with dynamic link libraries (DLLs) being installed by different applications. Causes of the problem; Role of Microsoft Corp. in DLL incompatibilities.
- News briefs: Application development. // PC Week;11/04/96, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p21
Presents news briefs for computer application development for the week of November 4, 1996. The purchase by Microsoft Corp. of an equity stake in VDONet Corp., a vendor of Internet video broadcasting and telephony technology; Beta testing of Novell Inc.'s Java Software Development Kit for...