Insight, Liberty Deals Pass Regulatory Muster
- FTC puts TW/Turner under microscope. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p20
Focuses on Robert Pitofsky, chairman of the Federal Trade Commission, job of reviewing the $8.5 billion merger between Time Warner and Turner Broadcasting System. Pitofsky's suggestions on antitrust policies; Terms of merger between Time Warner and Turner Broadcasting; Tele-Communications (TCI)...
- FTC won't oppose Adelphia buyout. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;2/1/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on the closure of the seven-month investigation of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) on the pending deal between Adelphia, Time Warner Cable and Comcast Corp. in the U.S. FTC concluded that Time Warner Cable and Comcast's proposed acquisition of bankrupt cabler Adelphia will...
- FTC threatens merger. // Crain's New York Business;5/13/96, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p38
Reports that the merger proposal between Time Warner and Turner Broadcasting System is being threaten by the Federal Trade Commission. Reasons for the merger threat; Possible percentage to be owned by Tele-Communications Incorporated through its investment in Turner.
- Open access, or just an opening? Barthold, Jim // Telephony;11/27/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 22, p13
Highlights the agreement of Time Warner Cable to merge with Earthlink Network in an effort to meet the United States Federal Trade Commission's mandate to open its cable television network. Information on the multiple systems operator of Time Warner; Opinion of several telecommunication...
- Cap Data, but Don't Discriminate. // Multichannel News;7/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p31
The article presents information on data caps in the Internet services and the data transmission issues related to the antitrust investigation of cable companies Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Dangerous liaisons. Page, Leigh // Modern Physician;Sep2002, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p5
Recommends a way for independent practices associations (IPA) to avoid antitrust scrutiny by the U.S. government. Percentage of increase in the spendings on antitrust investigations; Requirement to IPA by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission; Details on the plans of MedSouth.
- When the FTC calls. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;11/8/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 45, pS3
Presents several suggestions to hospital organizations in settling an antitrust investigation by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Importance of taking allegations seriously when facing antitrust regulators from FTC; Negotiation of health providers and their lawyer with the antitrust...
- Intel settles with FTC. Kidman, Angus // Australian Personal Computer;May99, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the settlement agreed between the United States Federal Trade Commission and Intel Corp. to prevent an antitrust investigation. Details of the settlement; Reactions from the company and the government on the settlement.
- Gleeful Google. Post, Ashley // InsideCounsel;Feb2013, Vol. 24 Issue 254, p12
The article informs that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission concluded its antitrust investigation against Google Inc. without finding evidence that it has influenced its search results in partiality to its own products and services.