SHOPPING FOR TALENT
- Networking. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/2/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 22, p9
Reports on developments related to home television shopping. Q2's weekend time slot's focus on a casual style direction with a touch of sophistication; Home Shopping Network's receipt of a $129 million from Silver King Communications as repayment for a secured note.
- HSN sets merger vote. // Electronic Media;02/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p50
Focuses on the proposed merger between HSN, USA Network and Universal TV operations. Details on plan by HSN.
- Act 2 for Q2: Will it survive? Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/21/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 79, p11
Reports on the merger of QVC Network Inc.'s home shopping services called Q2 and On-Q. Success of Q2 and On-Q in the volume department; Termination of Q2 staffers due to the merger; Goals of the merger.
- 20 axed at Q2 in merger with On-Q. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/20/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 78, p2
Reports on the merger of QVC's Q2 and On-Q. Lay-off of workers from Q2; Combined operations of the two services.
- Networking. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/24/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 100, p20
Reports on developments concerning home shopping networks. Home Shopping Network Inc.'s agreement with Tele-Communications Inc.; American designer Kenneth Jay Lane's appearance on QVC-The Shopping Channel in the United Kingdom; Profit margin compromise between home shopping networks and retailers.
- QVC to debut Q2 shopping service. // Discount Store News;4/18/94, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the launching of QVC's new lifestyles-oriented home shopping service Q2 on May 21, 1994. Product categories featured; `ON Q' program for the younger, trend-conscious audience.
- DSN charts: Teleshoppers sales. // Discount Store News;6/5/95, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p4
Presents data on the types of items purchased from the Home Shopping Network or QVC in the past 12 months as of June 1995. Accessories; Jewelry; Small kitchen appliances; Clothing; Collectibles; Health and beauty products; Toys; Shoes; Others.
- Home shopping concept to be introduced on Chinese television by company in San Diego area. // Business America;Nov94, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p23
Reports on the introduction of the home shopping concept to Chinese television viewers by the International Shopping Network (ISN). Joint venture with China Central Television (CCTV); Commercial programming samples; Broadcast schedule. INSET: Commerce is sending a retailing and wholesaling...
- More home shopping. RB // Broadcasting & Cable;1/17/94, Vol. 124 Issue 3, p10
Reports on Home Shopping Network's introduction of the Television Shopping Mall aimed at upscale buyers. Feature of two-hour shows by individual marketers; `Home Shopping Spree' for the overnight service; Initial distribution.