State Farm Is There For Hispanic Viewers
- Beanstalk rising to meet giant. De La Fuente, Anna Marie // Variety;7/11/2011, Vol. 423 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses television broadcasting finance for Spanish-language television broadcasting companies, noting a disparity between the 16 percent share of the U.S. population which is Hispanic American and the companies' relatively small market share of television advertising spending.
- ADVERTISING & MARKETING. // Advertising Age;7/28/2008 Supplement, p6
Several charts are presented on Hispanic media advertising in the U.S., including one that lists Hispanic advertising spending growth rates in 2007, one that lists Hispanic media advertisement spending by category, and one that lists the top 25 advertisers in Hispanic media.
- Univision Sales Sputter. Sherman, Jay; Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1A
Focuses on the decline in the advertising revenue of Spanish-language television network Univision Communications Inc. during the fourth-quarter of 2004. Reason behind the decline; Contributions of Ron Furman, executive vice president of sales and marketing, in the company; Percentage of...
- Budgets flatline in first quarter. Ives, Nat // Advertising Age;6/16/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 24, p1
The article reports that a survey by the marketing research firm TNS Media Intelligence found that overall U.S. advertising spending increased by only 0.6 percent in the first quarter of 2008. Analysts blamed weakening economic conditions. Spending declined in several key areas including...
- Advertisers rush into growing market. Cooper, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/93, Vol. 123 Issue 46, p46
Discusses advertisers' focus on Hispanic-oriented advertising. Hispanic viewership; Growing indications of the availability of the Hispanic market; Hispanics' spending patterns.
- Use TV to sell to the booming Hispanic market. Wilkinson, Philip C. // San Diego Business Journal;03/10/97, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the growth of the Hispanic market especially in San Diego, California, highlighting the importance of this segment of the population. Why this segment is important; Buying power of the Hispanic population; Important consideration when assessing the Hispanic market; How this segment...
- Spanish steps. Davids, Meryl // MediaWeek;06/01/98, Vol. 8 Issue 22, Adweek Upfront p24
Focuses on the growing advertising revenues of Hispanic American television networks in 1998. Amount of advertiser commitments gained by Univision Network; Recognition by Telemundo officials that the attention signifies the growing clout of Hispanic consumers.
- Radio ad boom sweet music to station owners. Lasek, Alicia // Advertising Age;3/18/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p30
Reports that Hispanic radio stations have enjoyed increased advertising revenues due to high ratings, continued growth among Hispanic populations in the United States, and advertisers' acknowledgement of the buying power of Hispanics. Spanish Broadcasting System setting a record by paying $83.5...
- New growth, old issues. // Electronic Media;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p1
Reports on how Hispanic media is growing in the late 1990s. Problems remaining concerning Hispanic advertising.