Johnson to Leave NAMIC
- KATHY JOHNSON. // Great Athletes (Salem Press);2001, p1209
Profiles gymnast Kathy Johnson.
- 30 Years Ago in IG. // International Gymnast;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p10
The article talks about the July 1984 issue of the International Gymnast which featured Kathy Johnson on the cover and the results of the Championships of the USA gymnastic competitions.
- Kathy Mays Johnson. ETHINGTON, TOMMIE // San Antonio Magazine;May2015, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p120
The article presents the views of Mays Family Foundation executive Kathy Mays Johnson, who mentions about the foundation's philanthropist partnership with nonprofit The Big Give S.A., to raise money.
- Subaru marketing head resigns. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;1/1/96, Vol. 70 Issue 5639, p27
Reports that marketing director, Mary Treisbach of Subaru of America Incorporated has resigned. Comments made by Treisbach and spokesman Richard Marshall; Statistics on sales; Treisbach's former position.
- Outward bound. // National Journal;11/08/97, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p2259
Reports on the resignation of Rima Cohen as health care legislative assistant to Senate Minority Leader Thomas A. Daschle. Reason for the resignation.
- Exiting in style. Ogan, Maggie // Career World;Mar1992, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p17
Presents a list of things to do and not to do when quitting a job as recommended by Career Opportunities news. Importance of the way in quitting a job; Proper way to leave a job as a learned technique.
- Leaving your job? How to exit with style. Brown, Aneeta // Career World;Oct94, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
Offers tips on resignation. Letter writing; Criticisms; Job productivity; Impact of badmouthing; Work transition.
- Employees crave boss' recognition. // USA Today Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 123 Issue 2594, p9
Reports on results of a survey taken in the United States on reasons why employees leave their jobs. Statistics.
- Success secrets. McCormack, Mark // Las Vegas Business Press;02/24/97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p36
Discusses the consequences of losing top executives and employees. Playing of the `take-away game' to combat the feeling of loss; Impact of employees' loss on the status of the company; Disadvantages of short client list; Challenge for the company to work above the competitors.