HBO PPV Boxing Gets off the Canvas
- Time to Free HBO Go From Its TV Shackles. Wallenstein, Andrew // Variety;3/26/2013, Vol. 319 Issue 1, p28
The article presents the author's views regarding the future of Home Box Office Inc.'s digital platform called HBO Go. It believes that it is time for the company to offer a broadband-only subscription to consumers to make the HBO Go available on a standalone basis. Other topics include media...
- Time Warner builds French pay TV stake. Galetto, Mike // Electronic Media;06/02/97, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p20
Reports on moves by Time Warner aimed at expanding their presence in the pay television market in France. Rumored negotiations by Time Warner Cable to merge its tow French cable systems with Compagnie Generale de Videocommunication; Warner Brothers' negotiation for the acquisition of a ten...
- PLAYING TO A BIGGER AUDIENCE. Bowman, Jo // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;9/6/2002, p16
Focuses on the performance of the pay-television (pay-TV) industry in Asia. Recovery of the pay-TV distributors in the region; Impact of the World Cup in the region on the pay-TV subscribers; Marketing strategy of Home Box Office Inc.
- Barrera-Morales Fight Gets 300,000 PPV Buys. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p5
Reports the pay-per-view (PPV) of boxers Marco Antonio Barrera versus Eric Morales fight in Home Box Office hit channel. Gross buys of the fight; Role of Barrera on the success of the fight; Expectations on the performance of the fight; Success of the fight in drawing viewers.
- Cord Concerns Fray Nerves on Wall Street. WALLENSTEIN, ANDREW // Variety;2/16/2016, Vol. 331 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the decline of the fourth quarter earnings and shares of media companies due to the decline of revenues from pay-television (TV) distributors. Topics discussed include the earnings of several media companies such as Viacom, Disney, and Home Box Office (HBO), the...
- Bewkes: No data says consumers favor SVOD over premium-TV. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;8/6/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p3
The article deals with the remarks given by Time Warner Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jeff Bewkes regarding the value of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) platforms. According to Bewkes, Home Box Office (HBO) is a pioneer in on-demand programming. He refutes the news of discussions between HBO...
- HBO going, going... Santo, Brian // CED;Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p3
The author discusses how the cable television network HBO is losing business by not offering its HBO Go channel as a straight-up service and contends that many consumers do not want to subscribe to both a pay television service and to HBO.
- Cable sag hits pay TV. // Daily Variety;9/6/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 41, p1
The article reports that the launched of HBO Go and "Game of Thrones" of Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. helped the company to make up for the decline in the subscription on their pay television program and cable program area.
- SVOD Could Use Help: Panel. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the increased popularity of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services at the Kagan, New York video-on-demand (VOD) summit. Reasons for skepticism of some producers about the reliability of SVOD; Breakup of SVOD programming offered by Home Box Office Inc.; Arguments for selling SVOD...