Tech Since 9/11: It's Changed a Lot
- Zenith wins HDTV test. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;2/21/94, Vol. 124 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the victory of Zenith Electronics Corp. in the last round of testing in the competition to build the fifth and final subsystem for the Grand Alliance's high-definition-television prototype. General Instrument quadrature amplitude modulation as losing proposal; Anticipation of the...
- LG, GatesAir Test 'Futurecast'. Kovacs, Bob // TV Technology;11/5/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p6
The article discusses test conduct of television system Futurecast with 4K over-the-air-solution by an alliance between station owner Quincy Group, analog and digital transmitter provider GatesAir and electronics company LG's Zenith brand of television.
- Digital dementia. Ciciora, Walt S. // CED;Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p13
The article offers the author's insight on the problems regarding human interface designs of digital and cable televisions. He relates his experience of having a difficulty in using a flat screen high-definition television models in two different hotels, wherein, he called the front desk for...
- New TV Rival 'Building B' Raises $17.5M For Rollout. // Multichannel News;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p58
The article reports on the planned production of new television and Internet video service by the Building B Home Entertainment Co. The company plans to produce a High Definition Television (HDTV) programming platform, capable of receiving video delivered from Internet. Building B officials said...
- CEA Expands Ultra HD TV Terminology. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/7/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p10
The article reports that the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has issued a set of characteristics focused on the use of ultra high definition (UHD) displays by the television manufacturers.
- Effects of plasma loss on the luminous efficacy in a full high definition alternating current plasma display panel. Bae, Hyun Sook; Kim, Joong Kyun; Jung, Hae Yoon; Lim, Jong Keun; Whang, Ki-Woong // Journal of Applied Physics;Dec2007, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p123308
We have investigated the effect of cell resolution change on the luminous efficacy of an alternating current plasma display panel with the three-dimensional plasma simulation. The luminous efficacy decreased and the minimum sustain voltage increased as the resolution increased from VGA to full...
- Carriers Shower April With LTE Phones. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/9/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the release of fourth-generation (4G) long-term evolution (LTE) smartphones by mobile carriers in April 2012.
- Smartphone to control satellite in space. // Electronics Weekly;8/17/2011, Issue 2477, p4
The article reports that the researchers at the Surrey Space Centre and engineers at Surrey Satellite Technology will work together so that smartphones are able to control a satellite and take pictures of the Earth.
- REPORT: HISPANICS WATCH MORE ONLINE VIDEO. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;6/24/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p6
The article presents the report by Centris, which showed that U.S. Hispanics are giving up on conventional telephone and Internet services and adopting mobile data plans to access over-the-top video content on smartphones.