Next-Gen TV Dawns on LGI's 'Horizon'
- Looking Beyond the Numbers at CES. Hayes, Bill // TV Technology;2/5/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p9
Information about several technologies introduced at the electronic trade show International consumer electronic show at Las Vegas, New Mexico is presented. Topics discussed related to 4k resolution for televisions and other display devices, nanocrystal technology for edge lit LED displays, and...
- A piece of the action. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;10/04/97, Vol. 156 Issue 2102, p9
Reports that Samsung Electronics is developing its HiTron television which displays 100 percent of the image broadcast by television stations. Difference of the HiTron television from conventional TVs; Microsoft Corp.'s plan to engage in similar research; TV's decoding of data transmitted by...
- July Brings Deluge Of Ultra HD TV Unveilings. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/22/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p4
The article reports that various electronic manufacturers have introduced their offerings of 4K television (TV) in the U.S. in as of July 2013. Korean manufacturers LG Electronics and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. announced in 2013 July their retail launches of new 65 and 55 inch 4K Ultra...
- Apple, Samsung in 'Simulviewing' Race. ARLEN, GARY // TV Technology;7/25/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p20
The article focuses on the technologies developed by the Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd which enables simultaneous views of television programs on two screens. It mentions that the "Smart View" features of the Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. enables the tablet computers user to view the...
- Samsung's way to watch HDTV. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p122
Announces the launch of a high definition television (HDTV) rear projection product as companion to existing 55-inch high definition television model of Samsung. Pixel display; Ability to upconvert analog NTSC signals to the 1080i format.
- Cable. // What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision;Dec2011, p137
A chart is presented which evaluates sound equipment for cable television (TV) such as the Virgin Media Samsung V+ high definition digital box from Virgin Media and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and the Virgin Media V+ from Virgin Media, along with the critic's verdict for each product.
- ViewSonic Adds 24" Smart Display. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p150
This article offers information on products launched by ViewSonic at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) including the 24-inch VSD240 Smart Display computer line, the TD2340 monitor and the 4K-resolution Ultra High-Definition television (TV) displays.
- The Future of TV. MACADAMS, DEBORAH D. // TV Technology;4/8/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p6
The article offers the author's insights on the type and features of television (TV) she wants in the future, which is the handset with tiny distortion-free Bose speakers and a Taser setting.
- TiVo Unveils Premiere Elite STB For Retail. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/19/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p23
The article features the Premiere Elite cable-based set-top box introduced by TiVo at the 2011 CEDIA Expo in Indianapolis, Indiana.