- Nashville Is in Tune With the Times. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;3/24/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the television (TV) broadcasting sector in Nashville, Tennessee as of March 2014. The TV market in the city has offered several newscasts at 4 in the morning, and the stations are planning to offer early morning news programs on weekends as well. The main subscription TV...
- Comcast taking stake in MTN regional net. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/20/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 12, p21
The article reports that cable operator Comcast Corp. has added another service to its sports operations, purchasing a 50% stake in the MountainWest Sports Network (MTN) in the United States. The Salt Lake City, Utah, cable system owned by Comcast will carry the MTN on its expanded-basic service...
- Comcast gives channels to Magic Johnson, Diddy. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;2/22/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p10
The article reports that four minority-owned television networks will be launched by Comcast Corp. which include the Aspire network to be led by former basketball player Magic Johnson, Revolt station proposed by Sean Diddy Combs, and BabyFirst Americas.
- Comcast Drops Guide From 11 N.J. Systems. // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p14
Reports the elimination of the cable television print program guides of Comcast Corp. in Jersey City, New Jersey. Reason for the elimination of the print guides; Overview on the publication of the print guides; Replacement with the electronic programming guides of Gemstar-TV Guide International...
- Operators Sprinkle Hispanic Packages With Foreign Nets. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);3/31/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p7
Reports that Comcast will launch another Hispanic package with more Spanish-language networks from abroad. Television programs to be added in the network's Hispanic package; Criteria set by network aggregator Condista for the network it chooses; Increase in launches of Spanish package of...
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p20
Statistics are presented on the Multichannel News Index (MNI) of Multiple-System Operators (MSO) like Comcast, Cablevision, and TimeWarner Cable, Programmers like AMC Networks, CBS, and Discovery Communications, and the Telephone companies AT&T, Sprint Nextel, and Verizon.
- G4: A Costly Quest for Viewers. Hibberd, James // Television Week;2/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p1
Presents information on the move made by Comcast Corp. to change the name of its television channel G4techTV to G4 effective February 15, 2005. Purchase by Comcast of TechTV; Interest of Comcast in the real estate of TechTV; Expectation on complaints that will be brought about by the programming.
- Strauss Says 'Personalization' Is Key at Comcast. Gibbons, Kent // Broadcasting & Cable;6/25/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 26, p20
The article reports on the importance of personalized experience of television in Comcast Corp.'s multiplatform video development.
- Cable channel to vie with BET. Wallenstein, Andrew; Wright, Tara // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/14/2003, Vol. 376 Issue 45, p5
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to launch a cable channel along with urban radio owner Radio One in mid-2003 which will be target the Afro-American audience in the United States. Overview of the terms and conditions of the joint venture; Age group targeted by the channel to be launched;...