Yanks Push for Global 'Video Everywhere'
- DECE: AUSTRALIA SECOND-HIGHEST ADOPTION RATE OF ULTRAVIOLET. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;7/7/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p4
The article offers information on adoption of cloud-based digital media content system "Ultraviolet" (UV) by consumer electronics manufacturers Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) in Australia and also mentions consumer electronics retail store JB Hi-Fi offers UV media system.
- On the Circuit. // CableFAX Daily;10/18/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 202, p3
The article highlights the Digital Life '05 event in the U.S. in 2005. About 60,000 people attended the event. Among the event's exhibitors include TiVo, Akimbo and Turner.
- All the world's a stage. Nixon, Neil // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Mar/Apr2006, p46
Previews the 2006 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) trade show and convention to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Coverage of the delivery and management of professional video and audio content; Companies which will demonstrate in the Next Gen Showcase area of NAB 2006; Technologies in...
- Broadcasters' Mobile DTV Moment. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;1/12/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 2, p16
The article reports that the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada displayed the progress made by broadcasters and technology vendors toward bringing digital television (DTV) broadcasts to mobile phones. It highlights the move of a group of broadcasters to launch mobile DTV broadcasts...
- EL SALVADOR. // Caribbean Update;Aug2010, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p8
This section offers news briefs in El Salvador. The U.S. Product Marketing Showcase will take place at the 23rd International Trade Show 2010 and the 6th International Trade Show 2010. Red tape has been reported to hinder the reconstruction of damaged public infrastructure in the country. The...
- OMVC announces sizable growth in number of MDTV stations at CES. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;1/19/2012, p2
The article reports on the announcement of a 70% increase in the number of mobile digital television (MDTV) stations in the U.S. by the Open Mobile Video Coalition in January 2012. The announcement is described as an indication of the growth of MDTV. Among the companies that offered MDTV...
- Gadgets Galore, Large and Small. Croal, N'Gai; Katz, Marty // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);01/25/99 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 133 Issue 4, p4D
Mentions items on display at the 1999 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Digital television; Personal digital assistants; Products that connect computers, audio/video systems and home appliances to a single home computer network; Digital camcorders; Wristwatches; Other items.
- Digital satellite system TV--What's it all about? Smith, Doug // All Hands;Sep95, Issue 941, p34
Focuses on the features of the digital satellite system television. Brief history of the system; DirecTV's emphasis on traditional cable channels; USSB's concentration on providing movie channels; Kinds of channel offered by the two companies; Limitations of the system; Cost of having a digital...
- The digital TV movement: Can this revolution stall? Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;7/9/98, Vol. 90 Issue 157, p3
Looks at digital television broadcasting in the United States in 1998. Conflict concerning the so-called must carry strategy, which will force cable broadcasters to transmit digital signals; Government mandates which are aimed at increasing digital acceptance; Technical issues to be resolved;...