THOUGH The Wire
- LOCAL LISTINGS. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;06/04/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p29
Presents television broadcasting-related news in various parts of the United States recent as of July 2001. KJRH-TV's coverage of the U.S. Open Golf Championship in Tulsa, Oklahoma; Role of KCBS-TV's investigative report on the indictment of top managers of California car dealership Gunderson...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Haugsted, Linda; Moss, Linda; Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;9/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p6
Presents updates related to television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Status of the plan of Music Television to conduct the Video Music Awards in Miami, Florida in 2006; Presence of NBC Universal marketer Gina DaDan during the U.S. Open in Flushing, New York; Promise...
- 'Open' Season in N.Y. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/24/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p8
The article reports on the partnership between the ESPN and Tennis Channel Inc. to cover the U.S. Open Tennis tournament from August 31 through September 13, 2009. The networks have reached a six-year deal with the U.S. Tennis Association to provide a round-the-clock coverage of the four grand...
- A Solid Net Game. Miller, Stuart // Broadcasting & Cable;8/28/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 34, p22
The article emphasizes the uncertainty of television networks on the number of viewers that the 2006 U.S. Open tennis tournament will attract. Advertisers always invest in the tournament because it presents an opportunity for them to get the attention of male viewers. The fact that the 2006...
- Antennas revisited: A look at developing trends. Markley, Don // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Reports the use of panel antennas for television broadcasting in the United States. Installation of panel antennas at 150 kilowatts power; Application of panel antennas in multiple station standby systems; Reduction of the pattern distortion effects.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p23
Informs about rankings of top basic cable programs in United States from July 24-30, 1995 and pay cable programs from July 24-30, 1995. `Kindergarten Cop,' movie; `The Terminator,' movie; `O.J. Simpson Trial Coverage'; More.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p17
Presents the ratings of television programs in the United States from July 31 to August 6, 1995.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p19
Presents a list of top rated television programs in the United States for the week starting from July 24 to 30, 1995.
- Networks losing tiny viewers to cable. Gelman, Morrie // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p32
Reports on the competition between children's broadcast networks and cable television networks. Losses in viewership incurred by ABC, CBS and Fox; Audience strength shown by Nickelodeon; Programs scheduled by networks.