Legal Issues. Legal Aspects of End-of-Life Care
- The Legal and Ethical Status of Children in Health Carein the UK
Baxter, Rosario; Long, Ann; Sines, David // Nursing Ethics;May98, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p189 Rosario Baxter Address for correspondence: Rosario Baxter, Lecturer in Community Childrenâ€˜s Nursing, University of Ulster at Jordanstown, Newtownabbey BT37...
Examines legal and ethical issues of children in health care in Great Britain. Criticism on health care system; Overview on children care provision; Synopsis on legal aspect of child care.
- Correction. // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p20
A correction to the articles "End-of Life Decision Making, Organ Donation, and Critical Care Nurses," by Barbara J. Daly and "Brain Death in Infants and Children," by Stephen Ashwal and Teresa Serna-Fonesca in the April 2006 issue is presented.
- Editorial comment. Mei-Che Pang, Samantha // Nursing Ethics;May2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p236
Comments on the cover story for the December 9, 2002 issue of 'Time' Magazine on the sedentary lifestyles and eating habits. Ways of reducing the numbers of sufferers and a weight reducing diet; Agreement on the primary concerns in end-of life care; Need to offer of support to help patient to...
- CNE/CME Questions. // ED Legal Letter;May2007, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p60
A quiz concerning legal issues in medical care is presented.
- Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration, Eighth Edition (Book). Pope, Barbara // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb2003, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p104
Reviews the book 'Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration,' by George D. Pozgar.
- The Legal Side of Nursing. Roberts, Dottie // MEDSURG Nursing;Aug2004, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p210
The article discusses the legal aspects associated with the nursing profession. Documentation of patient care is one of the most critical legal tasks performed by nurses. Nurses must be sure that their documentation is a complete and accurate reflection of our reasonable and responsible actions....
- Cracking...Defect or Normal? Coleman, Jeffrey W. // Concrete International;Nov2013, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p29
The article focuses on the legal aspects of concrete cracking. It discusses the fundamental legal principles that impact an analysis of whether cracking is a construction defect and who is responsible for the outcome of the plans and specifications. The Standard of Care for performance and...
- Nation's First Right-to-Die BBS Now Online. // Information Today;Jun1994, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p54
The article reports that Choice In Dying, a national not-for- profit organization, introduced the nation's first electronic bulletin board service devoted solely to right-to-die issues and end-of-life decision making. Now, current resources about these issues are available to health care...
- A UK perspective. Manley, M.C.G. // British Dental Journal;2/14/2004, Vol. 196 Issue 3, p138
A commentary on this issue's opinion paper, by a leading UK legal expert, takes a look into UK legal aspects of dental treatment for children.
- Cancer and Genetics: Part I. Weinar, Martha; Calzone, Kathleen; LeGrazie, Bridget // Oncology Nursing Forum;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p921
Presents bibliographies about the role of genetics in cancer. Cultural aspects of cancer genetics; Legal and ethical issues in cancer genetics; Applications of research being conducted on pharmacogenetic and cancer; Psychological aspects of genetics in cancer care.