A New View: Tele-Intensive Care Unit Competencies
- SESSION 23: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTS: Design of a competency assessment checklist with failure mode effects analysis. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p63
An abstract of the article "Design of a competency assessment checklist with failure mode effects analysis," by Michael Hebben, Frederique Paulus, and Dave Dongelmans is presented.
- CNE QUIZ. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Nov2015, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p499
A quiz concerning use of simulation for supporting performance assessment and validity is presented.
- Designing Simulation Scenarios to Support Performance Assessment Validity. O'Brien, Janet E.; Hagler, Debra; Thompson, Marilyn S. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Nov2015, Vol. 46 Issue 11, Preceding p492
This article advances and demonstrates a validation process to guide the development of health care simulation scenarios for assessing performance competency. The development and evaluation of each scenario used in a simulation-based competency assessment must be based on multiple sources of...
- Clinical competency assessment in intravenous therapy and vascular access: part 2. Hulse, Ann Louise // British Journal of Nursing;9/26/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p1008
This article explores and critically evaluates clinical practice competencies as a form of assessment within post-registration nurse education, specifically relating to competence assessment of intravenous (IV) therapy. In the first article in this two-part series, 'Competency assessment in...
- Evaluation Methods for the Assessment of Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Inserted Central Lines: Evidence-Based Strategies for Practice. Wilbeck, Jennifer; Murphy, Marguerite; Heath, Janie; Thomson-Smith, Clare // Journal of the Association for Vascular Access;Winter2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p226
Background: Assessing acute care nurse practitioners' (ACNPs) procedural competence for central line insertions encourages best patient outcomes and meets requirements of national credentialing bodies. Implementation of processes to effectively evaluate procedural competence is complicated by...
- EB83 Innovative Approach to Ongoing Skills Competency Validation in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pe47
An abstract of the article "Innovative Approach to Ongoing Skills Competency Validation in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit," by Alicia Layman-Heilman and Lori Parrott is presented.
- EB137 Intrathecal Antibiotic Administration by Bedside Nurses: An Innovative Practice. Trower, Diane; Zimmermann, Mary; Adair, Brigette; Zwerneman, Karen // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe68
An abstract of the article "Intrathecal Antibiotic Administration by Bedside Nurses: An Innovative Practice" by Diane Trower and colleagues is presented.
- CNE QUIZ. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Dec2012, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p548
A quiz related to nursing is presented, that includes questions on the quality of nursing performance, the simulation scenario validation process, and the challenges faced by nurses in multi-agency collaborative research.
- Critical thinking. Tanguay, Teddie // Dynamics;Spring2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p5
No abstract available.