Remember Your Classmates
- You are the captain of your ship. // Executive Leadership;Oct2012, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p4
The article presents a discussion of solopreneur or the people who develop their personal brands, adapted from the article "You, Inc.," by Jonathan Rauch published in the "The Next Economy, National Journal."
- How to spot a self-starter. // Executive Leadership;Oct2009, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p8
The article presents three questions and answers about identifying self-starters, adapted from the book "Unleash Your Inner Self-Starter," by Steven Berglas.
- Dealing with a 'space invader'. // Communication Briefings;Jun2009, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p6
The article provides information on how to deal with people who tend to invade one's personal life, adapted from the book "The Power of Body Language: How to Succeed in Every Business and Social Encounter," by Tonya Reiman.
- Ever think about being an 'intrapreneur'? // Administrative Professional Today;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p6
The article presents a discussion of being an intrapreneur, adapted from the article "'Insider' Entrepreneurs," by Alexandra Levit, that was published within "The Wall Street Journal."
- On Buddhism and Building. WEIWEI, TANG // Forbes Asia;Fall2011 Special Issue, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p119
The article focuses on the entrepreneurial ability of Cho Tak Wong, chief executive officer (CEO) of automobile glass producer Fuyao Glass Industry, adapted from the magazine "Forbes China."
- Briefing on the situation in Afghanistan. Regehr, Ernie // Ploughshares Monitor;12/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p1
The article presents a discussion on the situation in Afghanistan adapted in the article that was presented to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development in Ottawa, Ontario on November 8, 2006.
- The Outlook for the Economy and Inflation, and the Case for Federal Reserve Independence. Yellen, Janet L. // FRBSF Economic Letter;3/29/2010, Vol. 2010 Issue 10, p1
The article provides an outlook for the U.S. economy and inflation and discusses the case for Federal Reserve independence, adapted from a presentation made by the president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco to Town Hall Los Angeles in California on...
- Kosovo: Unraveling the Knot. Mason, Whit // World Policy Journal;Fall2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p87
The article discusses the conditions of Kosovo, Serbia, after the 1998 Civil War, adapted from the book "Peace at Any Price: How the World Failed Kosovo," by Ian King and Whit Mason.
- Magnitudes and Mechanisms of Shoot-damage Compensation in Annual Species of Linum (Linaceae) in Iowa. King, Elizabeth G.; Eckhart, Vincent M.; Mohl, Emily C. // American Midland Naturalist;Jan2008, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p200
The effect of shoot damage on plant performance depends partly on a plant's ability to recover by growth compensation. Plant populations in tallgrass prairie likely experience, or historically experienced, high risks of damage and therefore might be expected to have evolved significant...