The Chinese Century
- China's 100 Richest. Chen, Maggie; Chen, Chloe; Flannery, Hilary; Mao, Elaine; Jin, Shee Shee; Wang, Xu; Wittmeyer, Alicia; Ho, Jane // Forbes Asia;Fall2011 Special Issue, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p107
The article offers information on China's richest persons who are in the 2011 list of Forbes China Rich List. It states that Liang Wengen, founder of construction equipment maker Sany Heavy Industry, is on the top of the list, Robin Li, of Internet search engine Baidu Inc., is in the second...
- Sany Group Chairman is China's Richest Man. // Rental Equipment Register Exclusive Insight;9/14/2011, p18
The article reports that Liang Wengen, founder and chairman of heavy equipment manufacturer Sany Group, is the richest man in China for 2011, with assets worth more than 70 million yuan.
- China's 40 Richest. Flannery, Russell; Chen, Maggie; Cao, Danni; Yan, Jiang // Forbes Asia;11/10/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 19, preceeding p67
The article offers information about the 40 richest people in China. Liu Yongxing with a net worth of $3 billion is placed at the number one position. He makes his fortune from agricultural feed and aluminum. Wong Kwong Yu, placed at second position with a net worth of $2.7 billion, heads the...
- China's 'market socialism' produces - billionaires. Sanders, Sol W. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;2/8/2006, p9
The article cites the richest men and women in China. The richest man in China is Larry Rong Zhijian, head of Citic Pacific. He is followed by property owners Zhu Mengyi and Chen Lihua. Other billionaires include Robin Li, cofounder of the Chinese web search engine Baidu, and Jack Ma, whose...
- China's 40 Richest. Flannery, Russell // Forbes Asia;11/16/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p52
The article provides information on the forty richest businessmen in China. One of them is Liu Yongxing, who along with his 3 brothers built a profitable feed businesses in China. Wang Chuanfu owns Build Your Dreams Co. Ltd., which manufactures electric cars and batteries. Zong Qinghou is the...
- CHATTER. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/21/2008, p18
The article presents several quotes including Robin Li, chief executive officer (CEO) of Baidu, stating that they do a better job on every aspect of user's experience on their website; Jason Jiang, CEO of Focus Media, commenting on the advertising industry; and Mohit Dhar Jayal, managing...
- Sany Chairman Liang Wengen Named Economic Person of the Year by Chinese Network. // Rental Equipment Register Exclusive Insight;12/14/2012, p4
The article announces that Sany Group Chairman Liang Wengen was one of 10 business and economic leaders named 2012 Economic Person of the Year by Chinese broadcast network China Central Television (CCTV).
- Robin Li: From Silicon Valley to Zhongguancun. Yin Xing // China Pictorial;Jul2014, Vol. 793, p33
The article profiles Robin Li, founder of Internet services company Baidu, who is considered among the most representative internet elites to find success in Zhongguancun Science Park in Beijing, China.
- Baidu's silence highlights the lack of transparency afflicting China's media. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;12/11/2008, p11
The author reflects on the decision of Baidu chief executive officer (CEO) Robin Li to cancel his appearance at AdTech conference in Shanghai, China. He asserts that Li's talk was scheduled in a week filled with negative press for the search engine, which was exposed in a CCTV investigation to...