Panel's recommendations could open privatization floodgates, delegates warn
- Health ministries considering CMA's access-to-care proposal. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/19/98, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p1261
Reports that the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) has responded to the uproar about access to health care with a long-term solution. What the solution proposes; By whom it will be led; Why it is extremely difficult to obtain information on health care waiting times; The need for observational...
- Never too late to talk transformation. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/8/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 2, pE97
The article reports on the efforts of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to have a national dialogue regarding the health care transformation in Canada through an interactive website, located at www.HealthCareTransformation.ca, and town hall meetings throughout the country.
- FOLLOW 'CANADIAN WAY' TO REFORM HEALTH CARE: HEAL. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/3/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 2, p148
The article reports on the decision of the Canadian Medical Association to join a coalition of 39 national health care groups in urging for a return to their conventional way of addressing national health issues via compassion, consensus, and collaboration.
- Private sector to cash in on reforms. // Pulse;9/19/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 30, p4
The article informs that various reforms being taken by the Government of Great Britain in health care can offer an investment opportunity worth of 20 billion British pounds for private sector in health care industry.
- SOAP BOX. Woolfson, Marc // PRWeek (London);2/18/2011, p7
The author expresses opinion on issues surrounding the British government's health reform policy including the role of the private sector in delivering taxpayer-funded health services.
- Around the CMA. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/17/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 8, p980
The article offers information on topics related to Canadian Medical Association (CMA) in 2011 such as the death of Eve Elman, director of government relations of CMA and the popularity of the efforts of CMA to meet members and discuss the need for health care system transformation.
- Outgoing CMA president urges united front. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/21/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 13, pE669
The article focuses on the valedictory address of Anne Doig, outgoing President of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), at CMA's 143rd annual general meeting, in which she spoke on the matters that will help improve the health care system of Canada.
- Health care debate gets personal. Poirot, Carolyn // Fort Worth Business Press;7/9/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p8
The author comments on the Affordable Care Act.
- Medicare: Ready for a perfect storm of reform? // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/28/2006, Vol. 174 Issue 5, p597
The article discusses possible health care reforms to be implemented in Canada after the establishment of a new Conservative government in the country. The government is described as more open to private enterprise than the previous administration, and is likely to draw consultants and advisers...