Health care funding model flawed, blue-ribbon CMA panel argues
- Canadians frustrated with a health system that doesn't work, CMA says. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/20/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 13, pE1013
The article focuses on a report by the Canadian Medical Association's public consultations on health care transformation, which revealed that Canada's health care system is failing patients, mainly elderly and children, due to unacceptable wait times, crowded hospitals, and poor job of...
- CMA and a smart strategy for health IT. Reid, Anna // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Jun2013 Future Practice Supplement, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Canadian Medical Association (CMA) revised strategy for health information technology, health care records and patient care using electronic tools.
- CMA: The national voice of medicine. Smith, Tim R. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Jun2014, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p236
The article highlights the Canadian Medical Association, a federated organization with policies determined by its General Council and Board of Directors that started in 1868 when it created the first Code of Ethics for physicians practicing in Canada.
- Respecting diverse perspectives, common goals. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/19/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 7, p743
The article offers the author's insights on the editorial views and perspectives of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" (CMAJ), which focuses on the improvement of health and health care system in Canada.
- Lacking a healthy influence. B. D. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Dec2015, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p430
The author reflects on the impact and influence of medical associations in Canada on the country's health systems, highlighting the predictions of Canadian Medical Association (CMA) over the role of medical commissions in overseeing provincial health care.
- Systemic health reforms may be a prelude to privatization, new CMA president says. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/21/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 13, pE658
The article discusses the insights of President Dr. Jeff Turnbull on Canada's health care system, during his inaugural address at the Canadian Medical Association's (CMA's) annual general meeting in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Turnbull says that Canadian's want to be included on the decision-making...
- Larger Ships Require Deeper Harbors. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/10/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p8
The article reports on the increasing demand for container ships that are for capacity of more than 10,000 20-foot equivalent units and how it will affect the competitiveness of major harbors and small ports around the world.
- DOMESTIC COAL PRODUCTION EXPECTED TO INCREASE. // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun2014, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p12
The article presents the report "U.S. Coal Competitive in Global Markets: Domestic Production Forecast to Rebound" by ICF International, which showed that both domestic and international demand for coal will increase during the year.
- DIGITIZING MEDICINE IN CANADA. Reid, Anna // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/19/2013 Supplement, p2
The article presents the author's views on the importance of information technology (IT) in medical care in Canada, highlighting the efforts of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to ensure physicians are well-equipped in the transition from paper-based systems to digital systems. She states...