Getting the numbers right in Africa -- a tribal solution
- Mortality in children aged under 8. Corbin, Tania // Health Statistics Quarterly;Winter2004, Vol. 24, p30
This article presents analyses of deaths in England and Wales of children under the age of eight by year of birth and age at death, focusing on children born between 1993 and 2001 and dying between 1993 and 2003. The analysis looks at risk factors available at birth registration including sex,...
- The Correspondence Between Interracial Births and Multiple-Race Reporting. Parker, Jennifer D.; Madans, Jennifer H. // American Journal of Public Health;Dec2002, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p1976
Objectives. Race-specific health statistics are routinely reported in scientific publications; most describe health disparities across groups. Census 2000 showed that 2.4% of the US population identifies with more than 1 race group. We examined the hypothesis that multiple-race reporting is...
- JAMA 100 YEARS AGO. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;5/14/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 18, p2220
The article presents a reprint of the article "The Registration of Births," which originally appeared in the journal on May 16, 1908. The author discusses the need for an official record of vital statistics such as a registration of births and deaths to benefit public health in the U.S. He...
- Deaths in 121 U.S. cities, week ending February 25, 1995 (8th week). // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;3/3/1995, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p148
Presents a chart which details the number of reported deaths in 121 cities of the United States for the week ending February 25, 1995. Reporting areas; Totals.
- Handwriting Example XIII. // Swedish American Genealogist;Mar2007, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p28
The article presents an image of handwritten birth records from Nordmark parish in eastern Vï¿½rmland, Sweden.
- A method of creating a death register for general practice. Khunti, Kamlesh // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/13/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7036, p952
Describes a system of creating an accurate death register for general practitioners. Audits of death register; Use of preventing notes returned to the family health services authority without the cause of death being recorded on the computer.
- Are causes of death predictable? Tallis, G.M.; Leppard, P.; Tallis, G.A.; Hansen, D. // Human Biology;Feb98, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p117
Looks at the selection of sample death records of adult males from 1967 to 1970 from the South Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. Information on subjects and methodologies; Further detailed information.
- It's a Girl. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);6/14/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p3
The article announces the birth of Mia De' Lisa Martinez, born to her parents Andy and MacKenzie Martinez of Rule, Texas.
- New Arrivals. // Munday Courier (TX);7/25/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p2
The article reports on the birth of Corbin Elijah to the Texas-based Donoho family.