- Retrospective appraisal of busulfan dose adjustment in children. Dupuis, L L; Najdova, M; Saunders, E F // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Apr2003, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p729
Bone Marrow Transplantation (2003) 31, 729. doi:10.1038/sj.bmt.1703926
- `Rounding down' select chemotherapy doses preserves vials, yields substantial cost savings. // Formulary;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p369
Reports on the use of a systematic way of addressing drug waste by clinicians at the Saint Louis University Hospital in Missouri. Hypothesis that rounding down of chemotherapy doses by five percent or less may produce savings without compromising efficacy; Standard method of estimating...
- Adjuvant treatment of high-risk stage II breast cancer with doxorubicin followed by high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem-cell transplantation: a single-institution experience with 132 consecutive patients. Stemmer, S M; Hardan, I; Raz, H; Adamou, A K; Inbar, M; Gottfried, M; Merrick, Y; Cohen, Y; Sulkes, A; Ben-Baruch, N; Pfeffer, R P; Brenner, H J; Rizel, S // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Apr2003, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p655
Summary:Several studies have shown conflicting results with the use of intensive consolidation chemotherapy for breast cancer. The aim of the present study was to investigate the efficacy, feasibility and toxicity of high-dose chemotherapy with stem cell support in patients with high-risk stage...
- `Chronotherapy' aims to put drugs on board when they are most needed. // Modern Medicine;May96, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the effectiveness of chronotherapy, a system in which a patient's dosing schedule is timed to coincide with the period in which the disease strongly manifest itself. Problems with the dosing patterns of current antihypertensives; Use of chronotherapy in asthma patients.
- Drug Therapy Q&A Drug Therapy Q&A. Weart, Wayne; Turcasso, Nannette; Kalus, James S.; Deblinger, Larry // Patient Care;8/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p1
Answers a question on drug therapy. Method for determining doses of statins.
- Drug Therapy Q&A. // Patient Care;9/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p1
Recommends an approach in interchanging the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor therapy of a patient. Factors to consider in the approach; Dosage comparison of ACE inhibitors.
- LESS FREQUENT TMP-SMX IS EFFECTIVE. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p104
Reports on research findings at Harlem Hospital in New York City that the frequency of dosing of TMP-SMX for prophylaxis of pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP).
- SENÄ€S GRIEÄ¶IJAS KULTUÅªRAS IETEKME UZ MEDICÄªNAS, FARMÄ€CIJAS UN ZÄ€Ä»U FORMU TURPMÄ€KO ATTÄªSTÄªBU. Smiltena, I.; Šidlovska, V.; Mauriņa, B. // Humanities & Social Science (1407-9291);2008, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p75
The development of pharmacy and medicine in the Ancient Greece was closely related to other sciences, which were united by common concept â€žphilosophy". Physicians of Ancient Greece gave answers to a number of medical and especially pharmaceutical questions. Doctors investigated human body,...
- Optimal timing and dosage of chemotherapy as a combined treatment with androgen withdrawal in the human prostate LNCaP tumour model. Miyake, H; Hara, S; Arakawa, S; Kamidono, S; Hara, I // British Journal of Cancer;3/15/2001, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p859
Although numerous chemotherapeutic agents have been evaluated for patients with advanced prostate cancer, none have demonstrated improved survival benefits. Here, in order to determine whether the efficacy of chemotherapy can be enhanced by changing the regimen, we evaluated the effect of the...