Classic Kaposi sarcoma
- When There's No Time for HAART to Start... Otrompke, John // Dermatology Times;Aug2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p29
Focuses on the benefits of paclitaxel in the treatment of Kaposi's sarcoma (KS). Improvement of prognosis for patients with KS; Standard chemotherapy treatment for KS; Association of KS with herpes virus 8.
- Antiviral Briefs. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Apr2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p189
Discusses various studies pertaining to antiviral agents, compiled as of April 2002. Role of structured treatment interruption; Effectiveness of NNRTI efavirenz for the treatment of Kaposi's sarcoma; Effect of grapefruit juice on the absorption of Viagra; Improvements in dosing regimen for...
- A simple and effective treatment for AIDS related Kaposi's sarcoma. Spittle, Margaret F. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/25/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6592, p248
Describes the simple and effective treatment for AIDS with Kaposi's sarcoma in Great Britain. Characteristics of lesions; Use of chemotherapy, immunotherapy or radiotherapy; Effectiveness of local radiotherapy on producing regression of lesions.
- MEDICAL BRIEFS. // Advocate;5/18/93, Issue 629, p39
Reports that promising results in the treatment of Kaposi's sarcoma have been reported in the U.S. and Europe using a liposomal-encapsulated form.
- Clinical overview: Issues in kaposi's carcoma therapeutics. Krown, Susan E. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;05/06/98 Supplement Monograph 23, Vol. 90 Issue 9, p59
Provides information on a study which examines the development of improved therapeutics and prophylactic strategies for kaposi's sarcoma (KS). Identification of high-risk factors for KS development; Implications of the improved anti-human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) therapy; Evaluation of the...
- Retinoid gel reduces Kaposi sarcoma lesions. Wynn, Paul // Dermatology Times;Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p38
Reports the effect of alitretinoin on Kaposi sarcoma (KS) lesions in Toronto, Ontario. Role of 9-cisretinoic acid in the treatment of KS; KS tumor response rate to alitretinoin; Improvement of KS patients treated with alitretinoin; Effect of antiretroviral therapy on the application of...
- Tumour therapy. // New Scientist;11/19/94, Vol. 144 Issue 1952, p14
Reports on American researchers' claim of treating Kaposi's sarcoma, a cancer found in some AIDS patients. Use of liposomes to carry an anticancer drug, daunorubicin into cells; Use of liposome technology for treating cancers of the lung, prostate and colon.
- Virulizin trial for Kaposi's sarcoma. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Feb1997, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p37
Evaluates the efficacy of Virulizin for treatment of drug-resistant Kaposi's sarcoma in Montreal, Canada. Stimulation of the drug in tumor killing activity of macrophages.
- New single drug approved for Kaposi's sarcoma patients. McCann, Jean // Drug Topics;5/6/96, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p68
Reports on the approval by the US Food and Drug Administration of DaunoXome, daunorubicin citrate liposome injection, for the treatment of advanced Kaposi's sarcoma. Availability in vials; Refrigeration requirements; Side effects.