DoD Issues BAA for Rapid Innovation Fund
- The Annual Pentagon Funding Process: Savvy Skullduggery. Hellman, Christopher // Defense Monitor;Dec2000, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p6
Presents an update on the funding process of the United States Defense Department for the Fiscal Year 2001.
- Defense R&D grows to become 67% of all Federal R&D. J.C. // Physics Today;May83, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p65
Reports on the increase in funds for federal research and development in the U.S. Department of Defense in 1984. Federal investment in research in 1980; Funding for basic physics research; Information on an initiative in computing.
- Government funding of rad-hard suppliers raises accusations of favoritism. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the rumors relating to unfair government funding for radiation-hardened electronics in the U.S. Claim of the competing vendors on the preferential treatment of the Department of Defense (DOD); Effort of BAE Systems and Honeywell to grab the fund; Amount appropriated by DOD for the...
- Common Defense 2011: Remarks of Mr. Brett Lambert. Lambert, Brett // Strategic Studies Quarterly;Winter2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p3
The author offers his views on the impact of the country's fiscal environment on the future of defense both in industry and in the government. He discusses how the Department of Defense are trying to better understand the issue to determine the critical capabilities that are vital to their...
- DOD grant to help firms receive pacts. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/9/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p15
The article reports on the 157,192 dollars in matching grant received by the Muskegon Area First/Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) in Michigan from the U.S. Department of Defense in 2009. The grant is expected to enable the center to aid businesses in counties obtain state and...
- Joint Strike Fighter: Assessment of DOD's Funding Projection for the F136 Alternate Engine. // GAO Reports;9/15/2010, p1
The article focuses on the review of the basis for the funding protection of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) for the F136 alternate engine. An additional 2.9 billion dollars in funding is projected to be needed by the DOD over the next 6 years to support an alternate engine program. The...
- Mandate on the Department of Defense's Contract Award Procedures for Directed Spending Items. Sherrill, Andrew // GAO Reports;11/19/2008, p1
The article focuses on mandate on the contract award procedures for directed spending items of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). It explores the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 which directed the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to compare processes employed for...
- Memorandum on Determination To Authorize Drawdown for Afghanistan. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/22/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 51, p1813
Presents a memorandum given by U.S. President George W. Bush for the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense on December 16, 2003. Amount to be drawn up from the Department of Defense for the transitional Islamic State of Afghanistan.
- EPA Awards $50.000 Grant to Blackstone Group. // Hazardous Waste/Superfund Alert;1/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p3
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The Blackstone River Watershed Council/Friends of the Blackstone has been awarded with a technical assistance grant worth 50,000 dollars by EPA Region 1 to supervise cleanup activities at the...