NATO Agency Plans Procurement on IED Recognition Lanes and Training Facilities
- Signals Crossed. Mackenzie, Christina // Defense Technology International;Apr2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the anti-improvised explosive device (IED) strategy of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Counter-IED Task Force. Task force member Franco Fiore explains the ability of the enemy to adapt to the strategy of the coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well...
- Cobham Wins Â£16M Order for IED Detection Systems. Massé, Dan // Microwave Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p55
The article informs that the company Cobham Antenna Systems has been awarded an order of 16 million pounds for supplying improvised explosive device (IED) detection equipment to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and highlights that the device will be delivered in 2013 in Great Britain.
- Electronics for IED Defeat: A NATO-Wide Technological Perspective. Cazzaniga, Gianluca // Military Technology;2010, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p27
The article focuses on the efforts of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) in countering the improvised explosive devices (IED) used by insurgents. It mentions that there are several casualties have been reported due to the IED, particularly the civilians. In addition, several soldiers...
- Cobham To Support NATO With IED Detection Equipment. Roosevelt, Ann // Defense Daily;3/11/2013, Vol. 257 Issue 47, p2
The article reports that Cobham PLC has been awarded almost 23.8 million dollars to supply North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) forces with vehicle mounted Improvised Explosive Device (IED) detection equipment. According to Fred Cahill, vice president, Cobham Antenna Systems, the company...
- IED Defeat: A NATO-Wide Approach. Cazzanicca, Gianluca // Military Technology;2010, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p47
The article discusses the development of North Atlantic Treaty Organization's (NATO) counter-improvised explosive device (IED) strategic plan by the Allied Command Transformation (ACT) in 2010. It states that the North Atlantic Council recommended the implementation of the new scheme to NATO in...
- Global Insights: Russia, NATO and the Goldilocks Zone. Weitz, Richard // World Politics Review;1/28/2014, p1
The article discusses the annual state of the alliance economic report of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), an intergovernmental military alliance on the practical cooperation between Russia and NATO. It cites the counterterrorism implemented by Russia and NATO such as military...
- Global Insights: Russia, NATO and the Goldilocks Zone. Weitz, Richard // World Politics Review (19446284);1/28/2014, p3
The article discusses Russia-North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) relations as of January 8, 2014. Particular focus is given to Russia-NATO cooperation in spheres such as counter-terrorism, nuclear arms control and the development of improvised explosive device (IED) detection technologies....
- Bomb found on central street of Kabardino-Balkaria village. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;11/15/2013, p1
PYATIGORSK. Nov 15 (Interfax) - Sappers have defused an improvised explosive device that was found by police in the village of Dugulugbei in the Baksan district of Kabardino-Balkaria in Russia's North Caucasus, a local Interior Ministry spokesman told Interfax.
- Frequency fighters. Harris, Stephen // Engineer (00137758);2/28/2011, Vol. 296 Issue 7812, p10
The article focuses on the development of a remote device that can detect improvised explosive devices (IEDs) by the researchers from the technology institute EPFL in Switzerland.