AS&E Nabs $35M Order for Z Portals; Small Order for ZBV Mil Trailer Work
- American Science and Engineering [ASEI]: AS&E Gets Yemeni Order for Two More ZBVs; $5.5M Abu Dhabi Order. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/19/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on a contract awarded Yemen Customs to American Science and Engineering (ASEI) for two of the company's Z Backscatter Vans (ZBV) to screen cargo and vehicles for explosive threats and contraband at seaports and land border crossings.
- American Science and Engineering [ASEI]:. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/24/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p12
The article reports that a U.S. law enforcement agency has ordered a Z Portal cargo and vehicle backscatter X-ray screening system, which is produced by the American Science and Engineering (ASEI).
- AS&E Gets LatAm Order for ZBVs. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/14/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p14
The article reports that the American Science and Engineering (ASEI) has won an order for three Z Backscatter Vans (ZBV) from a country in Latin America.
- Gemini Parcel Inspection Systems Unveiled. // Airport Security Report;4/8/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p5
The article evaluates the Gemini Parcel Inspection System from American Science and Engineering Inc.
- American Science and Engineering [ASEI]: AS&E Wins Millions in New Contracts. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/5/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the task orders received by American Science and Engineering for its Z Portal vehicle inspection system and Z Backscatter Military Trailers to screen vehicles and cargo.
- PRODUCTS. // Government Security;Oct2005, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p20
The article features several transportation security devices. DSC 2000 foundation barricade was created for high-speed applications. It is K12 crash certified and can stop a 15,000-pound vehicle traveling 50 mph. American Science and Engineering Inc.'s SmartCheck looks for explosives, weapons,...
- NATO's X-Ray Inspection for Integrated Checkpoint Security. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2007, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has awarded the $13 million contract to AS&E to implement an integrated inspection system in the U.S. NATO has chosen an approach which includes multiple cargo, parcel and personnel X-ray security systems to protect a...
- X-RAY SCREENING REVEALS HIDDEN THREATS ON INDIVIDUALS. Atwater, Kristin M. // Government Product News;Nov2005, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p3
Reports on SmartCheck, a non-intrusive screening system unveiled by Billerica, Massachusetts-based American Science and Engineering Inc., which will help security guards uncover a range of threats hidden under a person's clothing. Features of the system; Use of the system's display screen;...
- A Hot Play in Homeland Security. Benner, Katie // Fortune;3/19/2007, Vol. 155 Issue 5, p192
The article offers advice on investing in American Science & Engineering, a company that makes X-ray equipment used by U.S. Homeland Security. The company, which is solidly profitable, is a better investment than other security companies. The company's most popular product is the Z Backscatter...