Smiths Detection Launches Wireless Comms for CWA/TIC Sensors
- Smiths Detection Launches SABRE 5000. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/14/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the launch of Smiths Detection's SABRE 5000, touted as the smallest and most capable handheld, tri-mode detector.
- Briefing. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/3/2012, p1
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) to purchase handheld radiological and nuclear detection devices from Smiths Detection.
- …Company Expects to Begin Lab Testing Soon of Eqo AIT System. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/28/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p8
This article reports on the move of Smiths Detection to develop its automated target recognition (ATR) software with the Eqo Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) system.
- Smiths Detection to Supply Cayman Islands with X-Ray Inspection Systems. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/31/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p11
This article reports on a contract received by Smith Detection from the Cayman Islands Customs Department to supply it with various cargo inspection systems.
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.