Specialty training out-of-sync with job market
- The Medical Chief Residency in University Hospitals. Steel, Knight // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr72, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p541
Discusses the findings of a survey on medical chief residency in university hospitals in the U.S. Information on the training of chief residents; Job description of chief residents; Perception toward chief residency.
- Giving Employees a Future. Moses, Barbara // Training & Development Journal;Dec87, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p24
Discusses how an organization can help employees to make informed and realistic career choices to maintain productivity and job satisfaction. Misconceptions about employee career planning; Choice between employee initiated and organizationally imposed program; Manager's role and tools necessary...
- Money-saving ideas for the profit-minded supervisor. Dreyer, R.S. // Supervision;Mar2000, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p16
Presents a scenario where a brainstorming is happening between executives of a company focusing on the career paths of employees.
- Employers urged to overcome fears of favoritism and identify high fliers. // Management Review;Oct84, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the importance of human resources planning to ensure management continuity. Insight on the strengths and weaknesses of the organization; Appraisal of employee performance; Enhancement of career planning.
- Mainsprings Of Change: On Being Orientally Oriented. Yeager, Joseph C. // Training & Development Journal;Aug75, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p41
Focuses on the Japanese Ringi method of change in human resource management. Combination of manpower planning and career planning; Behavioral engineering; Integration of individual and organizational concerns.
- WHAT DO DIFFERENT GENERATIONS WANT? Cataldo, Patrick A. // Career Planning & Adult Development Journal;Fall2008, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p15
A quiz that aims to identify what helps workers from any generational group to be more satisfied and successful is presented.
- Helping to build careers. Kaufmann, Amanda J.S. // InfoWorld;07/13/98, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p99
Details ways managers can assist their employees create career paths. OnSite Technologies' quarterly goal-setting sessions; General Electric's Information Management Leadership Program's commitment to the recruitment and development of its employees; Importance of managers' attentiveness in...
- A sporting chance. Damon, Nadia // Personnel Today;2/26/2002, p27
Focuses on the employment of country's top sportsmen and women in Great Britain. Provision of career planning and counselling; Accessibility of seminars and online databases; Emphasis of the valuable skills in the market place.
- HR professional classes held in Lancaster. White, Holly // Central Penn Business Journal;1/6/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p2
The article reports that regional educational service agency Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate unit 13 in Pennsylvania will offer human resource management courses in partnership with Villanova University.