Aboriginal maternal and child health
- Canadian children in the 1990s: Selected findings of the National Longitudinal Survey of... Cheal, David; Dooley, Martin D. // Canadian Social Trends;Spring97, Issue 44, p2
Presents selected findings from the National Longitudinal Survey of Children and Youth adapted from the Statistics Canada report `Growing Up in Canada'. Overview of children and their families; Healthy pregnancies and healthy babies; Parenting style; Problems of children in lone-mother...
- NEW LOCATION. // Hub (Hay River, NT);6/26/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p15
A picture of children at a drop-in centre in Northwestern Territories, Canada is presented.
- MASTER ENTRY PAGE. // Kids Tribute;Spring2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p24
Presents several contest forms for children in Canada.
- Sexually exploited children in Canada: The law is not on their side. Daum, Kimberly // Christian Science Monitor;9/17/96, Vol. 88 Issue 205, p19
Opinion. Comments on the need for legal changes in Canada in order to fight off its problem of child prostitution. Failure of its law to acknowledge the power imbalance between the young and old; Lack of support for children who testify against their predators; Lack of protection under British...
- At The Mercy Of The Drug Rings: Honduran Children Arrested In Canada. Birch, Ann // NACLA Report on the Americas;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p52
Reports on the arrests of the majority of Honduran children in January 2000 in Canada as part of the effort against illegal immigrants. Estimated number of Honduran children that are involved with entrenched drug organizations; Criticism on Honduran authorities by the child advocacy group Casa...
- FROM THE EDITOR. Gabriel, Martha // Canadian Children;Fall2012, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics related to the well-being of children of preschool and elementary age in Canada.
- From the Publications Chair. Berger, Iris // Canadian Children;Fall2012, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p4
The author highlights several reports within the issue on topics related to the well-being of children of preschool and elementary age in Canada.
- On-Line. // Faces;Jan1998, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p47
Focuses on the Web site `Canadian Kids Page,' which presents information on Canadian children. Features of the site; Address of the site.
- Child labour rampant in Asia, serfdom on the rise in Canada. Finn, Ed // Catholic New Times;12/20/2010, p8
The article focuses on child labour in Asia and in Canada as of December 20, 2010. It notes that in early 1900s, more than 300,000 Canadian children under 12 years old were forced to work 12 hours a day, but in 1920s, child labor in Canada was completely stamped out. The author states that in...