- Government Promises -- May 2012. // AIMS Journal;2012, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p15
The article discusses the pledges made by the government in May 2012 to improve maternity care including one-to-one midwife care during labor and birth, best choices of birth conditions and the provision of health visitors for management of postpartum depression, miscarriages and stillbirths.
- New Zealand College of Midwives joins â€˜Call to Action on Climate Change and Health'. // Midwifery News;Sep2014, Issue 74, p39
The article reports that the New Zealand College of Midwives has joined the Call to Action group which addresses climate change and identifies serious health threats for New Zealanders.
- Nurses will be educated to degree level from 2013. // Primary Health Care;Dec2009, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
The article focuses on the plan of the British government to educate all new nurses to degree level starting 2013. The move is aimed at enabling nurses to perform higher levels of care, prescribe and serve in specialist disease areas. Under the initiative, the minimum level for pre-registration...
- catching babies. Huston, Allegra // Mothering;May/Jun2006, Issue 136, p44
The article presents information on the history of legal midwifery in the United States.
- Victory for Midwifery in Afghanistan. // GENESIS;11/26/2010, Issue 22, p1
The article reports on 24 women in Afghanistan who received their midwifery certificates in 2010 and discusses the impact the midwives and an increase in midwives in Afghanistan may have on high rates of deaths which women in the country encounter during childbirth.
- The Soul Midwives' Handbook. Logan, Janice // Cancer Nursing Practice;Nov2013, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p11
The article reviews the book "The Soul Midwives' Handbook," by Felicity Warner.
- Beware reconfiguration fever! // Midwifery Matters;Winter2007, Issue 115, p32
An excerpt from the journal "The Practising Midwife," vol 10, no.5 pp 4-5 in the May 2007 issue is presented.
- Lobbying Albany! // Midwifery Matters;Summer2010, Issue 125, p30
The article focuses on a lobbying effort by mothers in Albany, New York for better access to midwives.
- Directory. // Midwifery News;Dec2011, Issue 63, p46
A directory for midwives in New Zealand is presented.