Candida parapsilosis in the blood smear of an injection drug user
- Sequelae of undiagnosed cervical vertebral osteomyelitis in intravenous drug abusers. Xu, Helen X.; Osborne, Ryan F.; Hamilton, Jason; Brown, Lorenzo // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p616
Discusses the sequelae of undiagnosed cervical vertebral osteomyelitis in an intravenous drug abusers. Disease characteristics; Diagnostic imaging; Treatment.
- Neutrophil Infiltration in Exercise-Injured Skeletal Muscle. Schneider, Barbara St. Pierre; Tiidus, Peter M. // Sports Medicine;2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p837
Neutrophils have not consistently been detected in exercise-injured skeletal muscle and, therefore, neutrophil infiltration in this muscle has become a controversial issue. Thirty-eight animal and human studies that assessed injured muscle for neutrophils and employed acute exercise (e.g. level,...
- Relative reduction of plasmacytoid dendritic cells with shift in TH1 to TH2 response in HIV-1 infected patients as compared to high risk and healthy north Indians. Chaudhary, Omkar; Bala, Manju; Singh, Jasbir; Hazarika, Anjali; Kumar, Rajesh; Luthra, Kalpana // BMC Infectious Diseases;2012 Supplement, Vol. 12 Issue Supplment 1, p1
The article discusses a study on the changes in one or both subsets of dendritic cells (DC) in HIV-1 infected patients from difference populations. The study determines the plasma level cytokines and HIV-1 viral load through examining the blood samples from 15 healthy individuals, 15 Injecting...
- Importance of Quick Test for Screening of Former Drug Users. Gojak, Refet; Ferhatovic, Merdina; Bajramovic, Nermina; Hadzic, Amir; Gazibera, Belma; Bankovic, Dragic // Medicinski Arhiv;2012 Supplement 1, Vol. 66, p30
Introduction: Most frequent mode of transmission of HCV today is with intravenous drug use. Former intravenous (IV) drug users present population group more exposed to HCV infection. Longer period of substance abuse, common syringe, more sexual partners (drug users) represent independent,...
- Soft tissue abscesses associated with parenteral drug abuse: Presentation, microbiology, and... Bergstein, Jack M.; Baker IV, E. Jack // American Surgeon;Dec1995, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p1105
Focuses on abscess formation at the site of drug injections as common infectious complication among drug addicts. Experimental procedure and patient characteristics; Incidence of HIV and hepatitis B surface antigens; Signs and symptoms of infection; Incision and drainage as treatment;...
- intravenous drug user (IVDU):. Huber, Jeffrey T.; Gillaspy, Mary L. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of AIDS-Related Terminology;2000, p123
A definition of the term "intravenous drug user" is presented.
- General practitioner centred scheme for treatment of opiate dependent drug injectors in Glasgow. Gruer, Laurence; Wilson, Philip // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/14/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7096, p1730
Describes innovative arrangements enabling general practitioners and pharmacists in Glasgow, Scotland to play a central part in managing opiate dependent drug injectors. Use of oral methadone to reduce or cease injection; Establishing the scheme; Criteria for participation in the scheme;...
- THE SEPTEMBER POLL. // Canadian Nurse;Sep2015, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p8
The article presents the results of a poll on what party will nurses vote for in the federal election in Canada in 2015.
- Needle exchanges provide useful data. // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the survey of needle exchange centers pertaining to HIV prevalence and risk behavior among intravenous drug users in Australia. Distribution of needles; Information on drug users' history; Effect of the last drug injected in HIV prevalence; Variation on the characteristics of drug users.