PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Patrons and libraries lose. Cribbs, Bonnie // Library Journal;5/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p10
A letter is presented from a reader criticizing publisher HarperCollins' restrictions on the number a times libraries may loan electronic versions of its books.
- ManeKer to Head HC Business. // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p20
Announces the appointment of Marion Maneker as editorial director of HarperBusiness. Duties of Maneker; Her career background.
- Untitled. // Book Publishing Report;03/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the appointment of David Kent as president of HarperCollins Canada. Career history; Job responsibilities.
- People in the news... // Book Publishing Report;01/10/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p7
Reports on executive appointments in the United States publishing industry as of February 3, 2000. E-commerce retailer Camdens Inc.; HarperCollins.
- Promotions, New Hires at HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p10
Looks at the changes made by HarperCollins in its general trade group's advertising, promotion and art departments. Personnel hired by the company for its advertising department; Implications of the changes; Executives who were appointed to its general trade group.
- Kent to Head HarperCollins Canada. // Publishers Weekly;3/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the appointment of David Kent, president and publisher of Random House of Canada, as president and chief executive officer of HarperCollins (HC) Canada. Executive succeeded by Kent; Previous position of Kent at HC Canada; Contributions of Kent to HC.
- Menaker Jumps to HarperCollins. // Publishers Weekly;10/15/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 42, p12
Reports on the appointment of Daniel Menaker as executive director of the HarperCollins imprint on October 29, 2001. Position held by Menaker at Random House; Authors he has worked with.
- Barron Goes To Amistad. // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p28
Announces the appointment of Manie Barron as publishing manager for HarperCollins' Amistad Press imprint. Immediate superior of Barron; Accomplishments of Barron in his previous position at Random House.
- Bick Joins HarperCollins. // Publishers Weekly;6/19/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 25, p10
Focuses on the appointment of George Bick as vice president of sales for the Morrow/Avon operating division of HarperCollins. Duties and responsibilities of Bick for the company.