- Bar gets ax. // Advocate;11/25/70, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p9
Reports the destruction of Santa Monica Strip gay bar in an apparent dispute among bar owners in Los Angels, California.
- Battle of Titans looms on expanded FHA. Prakash, Snigdha // American Banker;3/12/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 48, p10
Reports on the effects of the Clinton Administration regarding the conflict between two democratic heavyweights regarding the expansion of the Federal Housing administration's (FHA) mortgage insurance program. Names of and information on these individuals; Reasons for this conflict;...
- Other couples' fights. // Glamour;Sep93, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p158
Gives advice on how to handle witnessing other couples' fights. Advice by Laurie Schloff and Marcia Yudkin, authors of `He and She Talk: How to Communicate with the Opposite Sex'; Staying out of the quarrel; Making a joke out of it; Leaving; Checking the outcome the next day.
- Value line settlement. // Crain's New York Business;12/02/96, Vol. 12 Issue 49, p46
Reports that the dispute which requires the twins who own 80 percent of Value Line Incorporated to buy out the interests of Arnold Van Hoven Bernhard, has been settled. Circumstances surrounding the dispute.
- It's biz vs. burbs in O'Hare expansion bout. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p1
Focuses on the conflict among Elk Grove Village business owners and municipal officials on the planned expansion of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Threat raised by Elk Grove Village residents if expansion continues; Disagreement among suburban leaders.
- Is a fight about to happen? // Current Health 1;Jan1995, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p2
Features the gesture `Squash It!' invented by Harvard health expert Dr. Jay Winsten aimed at helping young people avoid fights. How to make the gesture; Use of gesture by teens from violence-prone neighborhoods; Ongoing campaign to popularize the gesture.
- We were always fighting! Baca, Andrea // Campus Life;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p66
Reports on how the author stopped fighting with her sisters after being counselled by a chaplain.
- Dispute with electricity supplier halts investments at DAM Steel. B�rger, M�rton // Budapest Business Journal;5/27/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p5
Reports the dispute between DAM Steel RT and electricity supplier ï¿½mï¿½sz RT in Hungary. Postponement of investments; Result on the purchase price of the transformation substance; Reduction of the electricity purchase expenditures.
- The good fight. Munson, Marty; Gutfeld, Greg // Prevention;Jan94, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p12
Cites a study reported in `Psychosomatic Medicine,' September/October 1993, on how healthy arguing may spare your immune system. The suggestion that combative, negative fighting causes negative immune-cell changes; Little change when arguments were more constructive; More.