- Are maufacturers' reps cost effective?. Arnold, Ted // Automotive Marketing;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p122
Provides information on maufacturers' representatives. Questions asked pertaining to cost effectiveness of these representatives; Advantages of using representative firms.
- The all-American fall guy. Ferguson, Andrew // Across the Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p11
Asserts that diversity training is purely American. View of the author on the uniqueness of the American businessman.
- Incorporation. // Black Enterprise;Jun86, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p265
Many new entrepreneurs often rush to incorporate their new ventures which is often an unwise move. Although incorporation is the preferred form for most businesses, it is by no means necessary or appropriate for every endeavor. Some advice on deciding on whether or not to incorporate.
- Black success in the corporate world. Graves, E.G. // Black Enterprise;Aug87, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p9
Editorial. Many companies are cutting down in their personnel, public affairs and affirmative action departments, where blacks are heavily represented. As the trend continues black executives will have difficulty succeeding. Therefore, they must equip themselves with more and better skills in...
- How to avoid the corporate crunch. Dingle, D.T.; Green, C.M. // Black Enterprise;Aug87, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p42
Q & A session with the seven members of Black Enterprises Corporate Roundtable on how to avoid getting caught in the corporate crunch.
- Today's corporate environment. Dingle, D.T.; Green, C.M. // Black Enterprise;Aug87, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p40
Examines the uncertainties that plague many black professionals today as well as the tactics used to reach, and stay, at the top.
- Exploring new frontiers. Woodard, W. // Black Enterprise;Sep89, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p53
Presents a listing of the top 50 companies with the most black-owned franchises. Analysis of the list; Comparison with last year's list; Obstacles faced by potential franchisees; Overview of some of the companies on the list. INSET: Tracking the franchise 50.;Ten rules to launching a franchise..
- How to profit in the post-Croson era. Singletary, M.L.; Woodard, W.M. // Black Enterprise;Feb1990, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p179
Recommends ways for minority businesses to gain vending opportunities in the aftermath of the US Supreme Court Croson decision, which suspended scores of set-aside programs. Effective lobbying; Shrewd deal making; Joint venture option; Crafting new guidelines for Minority Business Enterprise...
- Married...with business. Thompson, K.D. // Black Enterprise;Apr90, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p46
Presents a series of case studies on copreneurs, husband-and-wife business teams. Challenges faced in maintaining a marriage, family and business; Characteristics of copreneurs; Advantages of co-owning a business; Coping with stress; Tips on how to make a copreneurship work.