Ownership: nave of the game
- LEGAL MATTERS. Farr, Paul C. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/14/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p16
Answers several questions on business law in Utah as of July 2003. Documents needed for employees to establish both employment authorization and identity; Comparison of trade secret rights with intellectual property rights; Rule in Utah regarding business name registration.
- Steps to take in protecting your firms goodwill. Saunders, Arpy // New Hampshire Business Review;11/12/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p29A
Discusses the importance of protecting a business' name and intellectual property in New Hampshire. Risks of not registering business names and other intellectual property related to the company; Rules of the state regarding business registration and intellectual property protection.
- DOCTRINA: ALGO ESTÃ CAMBIANDOâ€¦Â¿ES LA DENOMINACIÃ“N SOCIAL UN NUEVO SIGNO DISTINTIVO DE PROPIEDAD INDUSTRIAL? SERRANO, LUIS Ma. MIRANDA // Cuadernos de Derecho y Comercio;dic2007, Issue 48, p9
The article discusses the process of a corporate name becoming industrial property. The author reflects on the use of a corporate name as a distinctive mark of expression when used as a legal trademark. He considers whether it can be recognized as a distinctive facet like store signs, brand...
- Constitutional Right to a Good Name: Innovative and Traditional Approaches. Zemskova, S. I. // Current Issues of Russian Law;2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 2, p271
So far, not a single legislative act or judicial decision has provided a clear and unambiguous definition of the notion of "good name". The RF Constitution guarantees state protection of a person's honour and dignity, stressing that "nothing shall be deemed to be a reason for anyone's...
- Sounds like...trouble. // Entrepreneur;Oct94, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p11
Presents information on anti-dilution laws which prevent people from using famous trademarks in a way that would be confusing, derogatory or that would tarnish the trademark. Problem with anti-dilution laws; Example of McCaughey's coffeehouse; Detail on the laws.
- LEGALLY Speaking. Morris, Kenneth D. // Landscape Management;Dec2007, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p16
The article provides an answer on how to protect legally company's name, A-1 Lawn Care, to avoid from being used by others.
- Law case review. Keenan, Denis; Sagar, David; Niekirk, Paul // Accountancy;May2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1293, p86
Presents court cases on business law in Great Britain. Appeal of the Department of Trade and Industry on the dismissal of an offense under the Business Names Act 1985; Liability of a company to pay the costs of defending a winding-up petition under the Companies Act 1985; Use of the term...
- Gilts, bonds and other debt revisions. // Accountancy;Feb1996, Vol. 117 Issue 1230, p83
Focuses on 'The Company and Business Names (Amendment) Regulations 1995,' in Great Britain. Amendment of the 1981 Regulations; Expressions which can be used only with the Secretary of State's approval.
- State laws fall short in trademark protection. Wright, Mark A. // New Hampshire Business Review;07/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p23
Presents a case highlighting the inadequacies of New Hampshire trade name, business name and trademark protection laws. Case of a software development and consulting business; Importance of obtaining a federal registration of a name or a mark.