Your questions answered
- Knock On Wood. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p25
Presents questions and answers related to wooden furniture.
- Knock On Wood. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;May2001, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p50
Answers several questions on wood furniture. Repair of Adirondack chairs with splitted thin mahogany seat slats; Application of a black shoe polish to repair a teak table from China; Details on spot repairs.
- Parts cleaning clinic. Peterson, David S. // Products Finishing;Feb2003, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p32
Provides answers to questions related to rack and hook cleaning methods of furniture. Use of fused aluminum oxide on finishing parts to be welded or brazed; Suggestions for paint stripping of hooks and racks; Letters addressed to the author for suggestions on various hook and rack cleaning methods.
- Questions & Common Sense Answers. Taylor, Fred // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Apr2010, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p51
The article presents questions and answers related to antiques including whether placemats are enough protection for a refinished family heirloom dining room, details about the Wernicke Furniture Company, and the value of two Duncan Phyfe tables.
- Questions & Common Sense Answers with Fred Taylor. // Antique Shoppe Newspaper;Aug2012, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to furniture including expensiveness of oak log due to the presence of grain pattern among one in 10,000, and manufacturing of furniture consisting of a crackly finish and a labeled paper representing the company of the furniture.
- Questions & Common Sense Answers. Taylor, Fred // Antique Shoppe Newspaper;Sep2012, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to antique furniture.
- READERS' FORUM. Hawkins, Catherine; Mclntyre, K.; MacLellan, Connie; Studebaker, Bill // Miniature Collector;Nov2012, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p8
The article presents two questions and answers including how to use the set of black lacquer Oriental-style furniture and the location of the Musical Wonder House.
- Questions & Common Sense Answers with Fred Taylor. // Antique Shoppe Newspaper;Jul2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to antique furniture including the solution for solvent migration in a table, the value of a desk chair manufactured by B.L. Marble Chair Co. and the date of manufacture and possible value for the Fine Arts Furniture Co. Grand Rapids table.
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;8/17/2007, Issue 5551, p8
The article provides answers to a question about the impact of the football season games to the performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain.
- Q&A: Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p5
Answers questions about the furniture industry.