Ikea chucks out traditional ideas
- IKEA takes a quirky approach to highlight 'better living'. Grant, Jules // Marketing (00253650);5/30/2002, p19
Reports the launching of the advertising campaign of IKEA in Great Britain. Highlight of better living; Target audience of the campaign; Portrayal of ways in utilizing space.
- Strawberry Frog Work Stars Gay Dads for Ikea. Rountree, Kristen; Gianatasio, David // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/5/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 32, p2
Announces the launching of an advertising campaign by agency Strawberry Frog for Ikea in Europe. Features of the commercials; Theme of the campaign; Amount spent by the company on advertisements.
- Strawberry Frog Work Stars Gay Dads for Ikea. Rountree, Kristen; Gianatasio, David // Adweek Western Edition;8/5/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 32, p2
Provides information on the advertising campaign unveiled by Ikea company in Europe in August 2002. Significance of the gay-theme of the campaign; Implications of the advertisement; Complaints against the commercial theme.
- Why advertise to 1% of the market. Grace, Kevin Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/18/94, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p19
Claims advertising openly to homosexual consumers is an inevitable marketing ploy. Reports that Swedish trans-national furniture corporation Ikea will run ads catering explicitly to homosexuals on mainstream US television; Ikea's 12 lifestyle ads; Three reasons why companies specifically target...
- IKEA ad focuses on gay community. // Discount Store News;4/18/94, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p6
Reports on IKEA's television campaign aimed at a gay audience. Advertisement featuring of two men; Target markets.
- Strawberry Frog Work Stars Gay Dads for Ikea. Rountree, Kristen; Gianatasio, David // Adweek Midwest Edition;8/5/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 32, p2
Reports on Swedish furniture chain Ikea's campaign launched in Europe in August 2002, featuring gay partners. Aim for the advertisement; Reputation of Ikea regarding its marketing efforts; Description of European advertising.
- CLOSET EXPANSION. Dolbow, Sandra // Brandweek;03/12/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on the advertising campaign of Ikea company which expresses the benefits of its storage product. Features of the advertising campaign; Plan of the company to continue its expansion; Comments from Karen Brown, account director at Carmichael, on the campaign.
- Home theater. // Adweek Western Edition;07/13/98, Vol. 48 Issue 28, p26
Discusses Deutsch's advertising campaign for Swedish furniture maker IKEA. Customer profile research on people's shopping habits; Features of television spots emphasizing domestic preferences; Impact of the campaign.
- Final Pitches for Ikea Business. Norton, Justin M.; McMains, Andrew // Adweek Southeast Edition;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p24
Provides information on advertising agencies vying for the account of Ikea company. List of advertising agency being considered by the company; Estimated budget allotted for the advertising campaign; Discussion on the operations of the company.