New bed on the block?
- Chinese suppliers tout innovation, lower prices. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;7/24/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p136
The article reports that Chinese foam and fiber suppliers are increasingly producing innovative mattress products at lower prices to the U.S. market in 2006. Sometimes those products go into mattresses made in China for shipment to the American market, but suppliers also send their products...
- The Bed in the Closet. // Time;6/3/1957, Vol. 69 Issue 22, p88
The article offers information on the Murphy In-A-Dor bed invented by William L. Murphy. It states that Murphy invented the bed in the 1900s, which can be folded up into a closet. It says that the bedding manufacturers were producing 250,000 of the bed every year from 1910 that beaten imitators...
- Industry Out Of Emergency Room. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the recovery of industrial production in Brazil towards the end of 2009.
- Assessing the Benefits of Different Stock-Allocation Policies for a Make-to-Stock Production System. // Manufacturing & Service Operations Management;Spring2001, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p105
We consider a manufacturing facility that produces a single item that is demanded by several different classes of customers. The inventory-related cost performance of such a system can be improved by effective allocation of production and inventories. We obtain the optimal parameters for...
- Does money affect output? Ahmed, Shaghil // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);Jul/Aug93, p13
Discusses the relationship between money growth and output growth. Two key features of the relationship; Theories about the features; Monetary-business-cycle theory; Real-business-cycle theory; Policy implications; Empirical evidence on money and output growth; Evidence based on components of...
- Industrial production and capacity utilization for February 1997. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Apr97, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p246
Discusses the industrial production and capacity utilization for the month of February, 1997. Rate increase in industrial production; Industrial production for the month of February 1992; Percentage level of industrial production of February 1996; Reason for the unchanged condition of...
- Global Bike Sales are Soaring. // Parks & Recreation;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the increase in the world bicycle production in 2000. Reason for the increase in sales of bikes; Explanation on why automobile production never exceeded the production of bicycles; Factors that make it important that citizens are encouraged to be physically active.
- letter from the editor. Stevancsecz, Richard E. // Production Technology News;Feb2003, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p6
Introduces a series of articles on production technology.
- Exploring the Decision to Shift Production to Mexico by Medium-Size United States Instrument Manufacturers Using an Expert System. Shipchandler, Zoher E.; Moore, James S. // International Journal of Management;Jun2002 Part 2, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p390
Examines the factors influencing decisions to shift production from the U.S. to Mexico using the expert system analysis. Degree of the productive capacity use of U.S. firms; Sales trends of the firms; Validity of the expert system model.