THE ANALGESIC EFFECTS OF SUBHYPNOTIC DOSES OF PROPOFOL IN HUMAN VOLUNTEERS WITH EXPERIMENTALLY INDUCED TOURNIQUET PAIN
- DARLING, PASS THE XANAX. // Harper's Bazaar;May2002, Issue 3486, p108
Provides information on Xanax, a trading prescription painkiller and sedative.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Sustained Use of Sedatives and Analgesics in the Critically Ill Adult. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2002, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p150
Presents the clinical practice guidelines for the sustained use of sedatives and analgesics in critically ill adults. Definition of analgesia; Pain assessment; Analgesia therapy; Scales used to measure sedation and agitation.
- Correction. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/15/2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p383
Presents a correct version of the article, titled 'Clinical practice guidelines for the sustained use of sedatives and analgesics in the critically ill adult,' published in the January 15, 2002 issue of the 'American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy'.
- The Scary New `Party' Pills. Oehmke, Ted // Cosmopolitan;Oct99, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p306
Provides information on the increasing number of women using sedative and painkiller prescription drugs in the United States. Why women are using the prescription pill; Side effects of the drug when mixed with alcohol; Risk of taking the drug without physician's advice.
- Ways to Ease Children's Anxiety, Pain During Simple Procedures. Truschel, Ann Louise // Dermatology Times;Apr97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p50
Presents analgesic and sedative drugs that can relieve pain and anxiety of pediatric patients undergoing a dermatological procedure according to Dr. Lawrence F. Eichenfield, chief of pediatric and adolescent dermatology at Children's Hospital and Health Center. Purpose, indications, mechanism...
- New agent offers 'conscious sedation' for ICU patients. Alexander, Walter // Drug Topics;3/20/2000, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p54
Introduces Precedex, a sedative and analgesic for intensive care unit (ICU) patients developed by Abbott Laboratories. Important property of dexmedetomidine hydrochloride, the generic name of the drug; Dosage and administration of the drug.
- Pamergan P100. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p421
The article presents information on Pamergan P100, a proprietary, prescription-only compound preparation of the narcotic analgesic pethidine hydrochloride and the sedative and hypnotic and antihistamine promethazine hydrochloride, and is on the Controlled Drugs list. It can be used to relieve...
- Opioids and Mechanical Ventilation. Cavalierea, F.; Masieri, S. // Current Drug Targets;Sep2009, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p816
In last years opioids have been increasingly utilized to sedate patients during mechanical ventilation. First, in Hypnotic Based Sedation (HBS), they were added to hypnotics because of their analgesic properties. Successively, in Analgesic Based Sedation (ABS), both sedative and analgesic...
- A comparative evaluation of newer sedatives in conscious sedation. Koirala, Bandana; Pandey, R. K.; Saksen, A. K.; Kumar, Rakesh; Sharma, Shivalal // Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry;Summer2006, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p273
This double blind study was undertaken to determine the safety and efficacy of orally administered newer sedatives and analgesics for conscious sedation in 120 child patients. Patients were randomly assigned into: Midazolam (I), Ketamine (II), Zolpidem (III), Midazolam plus Ketamine (IV),...