- Index Case of Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Revealed by Congenital Hypertrophy of the Retinal Pigment Epithelium. Holmes, Robert L.; Ambasht, Saket K.; Kelley, Patrick S. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/18/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 8, p618
Presents a letter to the editor about familial adenomatous polyposis.
- Acute Myelocytic Leukemia in Two Brothers with Polyposis Coli and Carcinoma of the Colon. Greenberg, Mortimer S.; Anderson, Kenneth C.; Marchetto, David J.; Li, Frederick P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec81, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p702
Presents a case study on multiple adenomatous polyps of the colon and colonic adenocarcinoma in a familial setting. Description of familial polyposis coli; Information on the case; Recommendations.
- APC Gene in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis. Fodde, Riccardo // Encyclopedic Reference of Cancer;2001, p68
A definition of the term "APC gene in familial adenomatous polyposis" is presented, which refers to familial adenomatous polyposis, which is a dominant condition predisposing to the development of multiple colorectal adenomas, that is polyps, during adolescence. Adenomatous polyps are benign...
- Adenocarcinoma arising in the ileoanal pouch after restorative proctocolectomy for familial adenomatous polyposis. Linehan, G.; Cahill, R. A.; Kalimuthu, S. N.; O'Connell, F.; Redmond, H. P.; Kirwan, W. O. // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Mar2008, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p329
A letter to the editor entitled "Adenocarcinoma arising in the ileoanal pouch after restorative proctocolectomy for familial adenomatous polyposis" published within the issue is presented.
- Variable Phenotypic Expression of Identical MYH Germline Mutations in Siblings with Attenuated Familial Adenomatous Polyposis. Raoof, Mustafa; Canter, Robert J.; Paty, Philip B. // American Surgeon;Dec2007, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p1250
Germline mutations in the Mutant-Y-homologue (MYH) gene have been linked to an attenuated form of familial adenomatous polyposis in patients who express a wild-type adenomatous polyposis coli gene. However, the diverse clinical manifestations of MYH mutations have not been fully elucidated. We...
- FAP. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p847
An encyclopedia entry for FAP which stands for familial adenomatous polyposis is presented.
- Familial adenomatous polyposis. Church, James // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2007, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p462
A letter to the editor is presented in response to article about familial adenomatous polyposis.
- Gastric carcinogenesis after long-term observation of clinical course without any treatment in a patient with attenuated familial adenomatous polyposis. Takeda, A.; S. Bau; Hirooka, E.; Tokahashi, K.; Ohara, Y.; Nokayoma, H.; Shinozuka, N.; Koyama, I. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Aug2006, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p890
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Gastric carcinogenesis after long-term observation of clinical course without any treatment in a patient with attenuated familial adenomatous polyposis," that was published in the previous issues.
- Fundic Gland Polyps and Gynecological Malignancies. Declich, Paolo; Porcellati, Monica; Bellone, Stefano; Ambrosiani, Luciana; Tavani, Enrico; Grassini, Roberta // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2001, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p1646
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Giant Fundic Polyp Complicating Attenuated Familial Adenomatous Polyposis," by T. J. McGarrity, F. M. Ruggiero and W. Y. Chey in the 2000 issue.
- COX 2 inhibitors might be useful in cancer prevention. Gottlieb, Scott // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/30/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7218, p1155
Reports on the treatment of familial adenomatous polyposis. Discussion on familial adenomatous polyposis; Overview of a study on patients with familial adenomatous polyposis; Details on the drug Celecoxib.