- Role of multi-detector row CT angiography in the management of gastric fundal varices. Matsumoto, A.; Sugano, Y.; Yasuda, M.; Takimoto, K. // Gut;Mar2004, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p467
Presents a letter to the editor in response to an article regarding the superiority of multi-detector row CT angiography over endoscopic ultrasound for the detection and characterisation of submucosal gastric fundal varices, published in the 2003 issue of the journal "Gut."
- Authors' reply. Willmann, J. K.; Weishaupt, D.; Böhm, T.; Pfammatter, I.; Bauerfeind, P. // Gut;Mar2004, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p467
Presents a response by J.K. Willmann, D. Weishaupt, T. B&oouml;m and T. Pfammatter to a letter to the editor about their article related to the role of multi-detector row CT angiography in the management of gastric fundal varices, published in the 2003 issue of the journal "Gut."
- Therapeutic endoscopy of localized gastric varices: pretherapy screening and posttreatment evaluation with MDCT portography. Hui Zhu; Bei Shi; Upadhyaya, Manavendra; Zhiyuan Wu; Xiaozhu Lin; Yunlin Wu; Kemin Chen; Zhu, Hui; Shi, Bei; Wu, Zhiyuan; Lin, Xiaozhu; Wu, Yunlin; Chen, Kemin // Abdominal Imaging;Feb2010, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p15
Background:Gastric varices are a major cause of gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with portal hypertension. Whatever therapeutic method is used, hemodynamic changes in the portal systemic shunt should be assessed. In this study, we used multi-detector row CT portography as a...
- Use of multi-detector row CT for postoperative follow-up of biliary atresia patients with sequelae. Saito, Takeshi; Hishiki, Tomoro; Terui, Keita; Sato, Yoshiharu; Mitsunaga, Tetsuya; Terui, Elena; Nakata, Mitsuyuki; Takenouchi, Ayako; Matsuura, Gen; Komatsu, Shugo; Yahata, Eriko; Ono, Sachie; Sato, Hirotaka; Yanagawa, Noriyuki; Yoshida, Hideo // Pediatric Surgery International;Mar2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p309
Background/aims:To evaluate the usefulness of multi-detector row computed tomography (MDCT) in the postoperative long-term follow-up of biliary atresia (BA) patients for detection of esophagogastric varices due to portal hypertension and intrahepatic bile duct (IHBD) dilatations....
- Computed tomographic features of two cases of acute gastric anisakiasis. Nakajo, Masanori; Setoguchi, Yohki; Onohara, Shinichi; Nakajo, Masayuki // Abdominal Imaging;Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p509
Little is known about the detailed computed tomography (CT) features of acute gastric anisakiasis. Our two cases showed transiently swollen gastric folds comprised of the remarkably thickened contrast little-enhanced submucosal layer with little-thickened contrast-enhanced mucosal and...
- Letters to the editor. Sato, Takahiro // Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p854
Presents a letter to the editor about the identification of bleeding from gastric fundal varices.
- Evaluation of magnetic resonance angiography in detection of gastric varices. Sato, Takahiro; Yamazaki, Katsu; Toyota, Jouji; Karino, Yoshiyasu; Ohmura, Takumi; Suga, Toshihiro // Journal of Gastroenterology;1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p321
Abstract: We evaluated the detection of gastric varices, inflowing blood vessels to gastric varices, and out-flowing blood vessels from gastric varices via magnetic resonance (MR) angiography in 31 patients with gastric varices. Twenty-four patients had F[sub 2] type varices and 7 had F[sub 3]...
- Is color Doppler ultrasonography useful for the detection of gastric varices? Iwase, Hiroaki; Kusugami, Kazuo // Journal of Gastroenterology;2002, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p679
Discusses the usefulness of Doppler ultrasonography for the detection of gastric varices. Use of angiography or computed tomography in the diagnosis of gastric varices; Description of how transcutaneous sonography is used to identify gastric varices.
- Multi-detector row computed tomography (MDCT) is useful for the diagnosis of rectal varices. Hayama, T.; Ishihara, S.; Nozawa, K.; Matsuda, K.; Watanabe, T. // Techniques in Coloproctology;Jun2012, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p265
The article focuses on the use of abdominal multi-detector row computed tomography (MDCT) in diagnosing of rectal varices.
- Prevention of systemic embolization associated with treatment of gastric fundal varices. Matsumoto, Akio; Takimoto, Kengo; Inokuchi, Hideto // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;May2005, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p705
Presents a letter to the editor on the prevention of systemic embolization associated with the treatment of gastric fundal varices.