- BOWEL CLEANSING METHODS PRIOR TO CT COLONOGRAPHY. Pedersen, B. Ginnerup; Christiansen, T.E. Møller; Mortensen, F. Viborg; Christensen, H.; Laurberf, S. // Acta Radiologica;May2002, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p306
Examines the characteristic of bowel cleansing methods prior to computed tomography. Observation of the computed tomography colonography; Factors concerning cleansing quality in the cecum and ascending colon; Use of phospho-soda solution.
- Linear asymptomatic pneumatosis as an unexpected finding of computed tomography colonography: a case report. Flor, Nicola; Pricolo, Paola; Rovere, Antonio; Mezzanzanica, Miriam; Peri, Mauro; Cornalba, Gianpaolo // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Introduction: We discuss asymptomatic colonic pneumatosis, an unexpected finding of computed tomography colonography that we must see as distinct from perforation. Among the papers detailing complications with computed tomography colonography, we found only one report focusing on linear...
- Computers Detect Colon Polyps. // Saturday Evening Post;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 278 Issue 2, p53
This article reports on a study conducted by the U.S. National Institutes of Health which demonstrated that computed tomography (CT) colonography with computer aided detection is highly effective for finding colon polyps, as of March 2006. CT colonography, known as virtual colonoscopy, is a...
- Colon, Colonography, and Conservatism. Perdersen, B. Ginnerup // Acta Radiologica;Nov2006, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p885
The author reflects on the efficiency of computed tomography (CT) colonography in examining the occurrence of cancer and precursor adenomas. He cites that CT colonography has a remarkable high sensitivity for colonic lesions compare to conventional colonoscopy. He suggests that the mentioned...
- Second Primary Colorectal Cancer: The Consequence of Management Failure at Several Potential Levels. Limburg, Paul J.; Ahlquist, David A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;2/19/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p335
Editorial. Examines the application of colonoscopic evaluation in patients with secondary colorectal cancer. Adoption of surveillance guidelines; Need for meticulous care of patients; Effectiveness of computed tomography colonography.
- 2012 - Invitation to screening with colonoscopy had lower participation but similar yield as CT colonography. Koretz, Ronald L. // ACP Journal Club;7/17/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses effectiveness and patients preference over computed tomography colonoscopy and colonography for colon screening tests. It mentions that less invasive techniques of screening through computed tomography colonoscopy was the choice of most patients. It explores the cost...
- BOWEL WALL VISUALISATION AT CT COLONOGRAPHY. Svensson, M.H.; Svensson, E.; Hellström, M. // Acta Radiologica;Jan2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p87
Assesses the quality of bowel wall visualization at computed tomography colonography. Impact of bowel wall visualization on supreme and prone positions; Influence of residual stool on bowel wall assessability; Air distribution in the colon.
- ICAD software picked for virtual colonoscopy. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/22/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p42
The article reports on the agreement signed between iCAD Inc., Nashua, New Hampshire-based software developer, and Viatronix Inc., a developer of diagnostic 3D imaging software. Viatronix will incorporate iCAD's Computed Tomography (CT) Colon computer aided design software with its V3D System...
- Video Technology Detects Polyps. // USA Today Magazine;Oct99, Vol. 128 Issue 2653, p15
Focuses on virtual computerized tomography (CT) colonography procedure nicknamed `virtual colonoscopy,' a video technology used to detect colon cancer.
- Colovesical fistula causing an uncommon reason for failure of computed tomography colonography: a case report. Neroladaki, Angeliki; Breguet, Romain; Botsikas, Diomidis; Terraz, Sylvain; Becker, Christoph D; Montet, Xavier // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p214
Introduction: Computed tomography colonography, or virtual colonoscopy, is a good alternative to optical colonoscopy. However, suboptimal patient preparation or colon distension may reduce the diagnostic accuracy of this imaging technique.Case presentation: We report the case of an 83-year-old...