Gephardt, McCain Target Corporate Subsidies
- Who's Who. // Washington Monthly;Nov2002, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p32
Presents news briefs on politics in the U.S. as of November 2002. Decrease in the speculations on the plans of Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) to run for president as a Democrat; Retirement of Majority Leader Richard Gephardt (D-Mo.); Distribution of the political fund raised by Al Gore's Leadership.
- The Candidates' Diaries. Long, Rob // National Review;3/11/2002, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p46
Presents several excerpts from the diaries of various U.S. politicians. Focus on satirical comments of U.S. Representative Dick Gephardt regarding a fund raising campaign; Information on writings of U.S. Senator John McCain in reference to press conferences attended by him; Comment of Senator...
- Campaign-Finance Reform: Still Alive? Bower, Amanda; Waller, Douglas // Time;7/23/2001, Vol. 158 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on legislation concerning campaign-finance reform in the United States. Announcement of House Speaker Dennis Hastert that he does not plan to bring the bill up; Efforts of House minority leader Dick Gephardt and Senator John McCain to encourage Republican congressmen to pressure Hastert...
- You're Great! So Are You! This Is Hardball? Eisler, Kim; Conconi, Chuck // Washingtonian Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p14
Presents the comments made by "Hardball" television host Chris Matthews to some of his guests. Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie; Arizona Senator John McCain; Author Dick Gephardt.
- The Candidates' Diaries Installment 3: August 2002. Long, Rob // National Review;8/12/2002, Vol. 54 Issue 15, p40
Excerpts from diaries of possible presidential candidates in the 2004 U.S. elections including John McCain, Joe Biden, Dick Gephardt, Tom Daschle and Chris Dodd are presented.
- Washington Whispers. Bedard, Paul // U.S. News & World Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 5, p4
Presents news briefs on politics in the United States. Concern by conservatives over president George W. Bush's liberal policies as of late; Significance of Wesley Clark's Hispanic daughter-in-law; Calls of commendation to Dick Gephardt from Senator John McCain and Karl Rove; Other reports.
- TNR PRIMARY. Zengerle, Jason; Cohn, Jonathan; Foer, Franklin // New Republic;12/15/2003, Vol. 229 Issue 24, p13
This section gives grades to Democratic presidential candidates for their conduct during the campaign. Joe Lieberman: "C" for general likeability. For a Republican, John McCain has quite a following among Democrats--especially those running for president. But now Joe Lieberman has taken his...
- Should congress approve the president's request for fast track trade negotiating authority? // Congressional Digest;Dec97, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p299
Presents various comments in response to the arguments heard on the Fast Track Negotiating Authority hearing by Honorable Richard A. Gephardt elected representative to the United States House of Representatives, Leland Swenson, president of National Farmers Union (NFU) and Steven J. Shimberg of...
- MEMO TO DICK GEBHARDT. Waldman, Steve // Washington Monthly;Apr2003, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
Comments on the need for U.S. Democrat politician Dick Gephardt to become more Jewish. Democratic candidates with Jewish ancestors; Suggested strategies for Gephardt to look more Jewish.