Senate Panel Gives Nod to O'Hare Expansion Measure
- An analog scam. // Electronic Media;07/13/98, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p12
Editorial. Examines the issues surrounding the claim made by television broadcasters in the United States to the Senate Commerce Committee, that they may not be able to give back their analog channels by the year 2006. Various problems facing the industry in terms of switching to a digital...
- They-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/28/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 30, p32
Editorial. Focuses on the debate in the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee hearing and on the floor of the House about the deregulation of broadcasters. Challenge by Barry Faber to Senators' characterizations in the hearing; Relevance of two million comments generated in the opposition of...
- Senators MIA. Bachman, Katy // Brandweek;3/21/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the absence of 22 members of the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee out of 25 during hearings in March 2011 on online privacy, but only Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts was left at the end of the proceedings.
- Indecency Proposal: Allow Cable Regulation. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. cable-television industry to comply with federal indecency standards on foul language and overt sexual activity. The Senate Commerce Committee is planning to hold hearings on media and telecommunications policies in the first quarter of 2006. The...
- Senate Commerce Committee Passes Bar on Internet-Access Tax by States. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/04/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31691, p5
Reports that the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee has passed a bar on the Internet-access tax by states. Prohibition of discriminatory taxes on online transactions due to the bar; Permanence of the federal moratorium that prevents states from taxing Internet access; Reason for the approval of a...
- Senate Panel Approves Five-Year Amtrak Funding Package. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p5
Reports the approval of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee on a legislation providing funding for Amtrak company in the U.S. Budget appropriated for the development of a passenger rail service; Role of senator Ernest Hollings in finding measures to finance the project;...
- A Runaway Becomes a Dead Heat. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;6/26/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p18
Editorial. Presents news items relevant to businesses in New Jersey as of June 26, 2001. Results of surveys for the Republican Party gubernatorial nomination; United States Senate Commerce Committee's discussion of a bill to expand employee discrimination lawsuits.
- Keeping the FCC in check. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p30
Profiles Ernest Hollings, chairman of the United States Senate Commerce Committee. Professional accomplishments; Career background; Contribution of Hollings in the television industry.
- McCain, Powell Clash Over Rates. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p3
Reports on disagreements over cable television rates between the .S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee. Reason for increase in rates given by FCC chairman, Michael Powell; Issues raised by Republican from Arizona, John McCain regarding cable...